Author Topic: N.W.A. "Straight Outta Compton" is now preserved in the Library of Congress  (Read 1846 times)

its interesting to see a group that advocates for the murdering of police officials to be held in such high light by the government

Again, it's a historical artifact that came out of a time of immense tension.

Again, it's a historical artifact that came out of a time of immense tension.
The only major difference between then and now is that stop and frisk existed back then, and now we have BLM. the marginalization, disenfranchisement and stigma have remained unchanged. It's just 'wrap pigs in a blanket' except from 1988

saying 'shoot the law enforcement' makes it harder for law enforcement to actually do their job since they now fear for their safety. this leads to them overreacting and using excessive force on undeserving people, and in the end causes more deaths

doesn't the library of congress accept pretty much anything
like if you took an artistic picture of your richard and sent it in they would probably accept it

tbh i'm still low-key salt NWA got into the r&r hall of fame and NiN didn't

"lole anyone else think le (c)rap is bad?? dae listen to old queen and beatles records??"

this is absolutely loving amazing, the legendary "straight outta compton" by nwa has been deemed worthy of putting into the library of congress for being culturally significant,
That's because it is culturally significant. Straight Outta Compton is widely regarded as one of the most important hip-hop albums and it influenced a stuffload of other artists and albums.

Just because you disagree with the 'message' or the content doesn't make it less important as a historical document. Which is the whole reason why the Library of Congress actually preserves things.

Even if you have valid complaints against the subject matter,  Straight Outta Compton is probably one of the less-controversial inclusions anyway. The Library of Congress has a pretty extensive 'Third Reich Collection':
https://www.loc.gov/rr/rarebook/coll/239.html

"lole anyone else think le (c)rap is bad?? dae listen to old queen and beatles records??"

The Beatles suck too

Your favorite genre is 100% likely to be considered stuff by someone

i cant handle that

as someone who likes death metal, metalcore, etc i feel this deeply

as someone who considers those stuff, i also feel that deeply

as someone who considers those stuff, i also feel that deeply

i already got my wish there, so no
well allowing star trek sets the bar pretty low so i don't see why nwa can't be in there