Author Topic: Blocklounge: Progress Is Being Made  (Read 1255 times)

The Blocklounge is a project started late last year, initially to be a place to hang out and play with little minigames (kinda like the New Year's server) and evented knicknacks, it's not really a done deal either way but now it's sorta just heading towards a loading-screen-free minigame server and not much else.

Things I need before I start the server:
-Outdoor Maps (1/5)
-Indoor Maps (2/5)
-Indoor placeholder map (right now it's just an empty baseplate, maybe a default build could be moved?)
-Minigame Standardization (Names and stuff)
-Map Voting System (with the ability to randomize maps if nobody votes)
-Map ideas please someone give me ideas for minigames, maps for DM/TDM/CTF/whatever, things to do that aren't games but can be enjoyed by 2-20 players, anything that might be fun

Stuff I've got:
-Main building (doesn't change, houses one (1) map inside at a time)
-Two indoor deathmatch maps.
-One outdoor placeholder map, for when nothing's loaded.
-One work-in-progress outdoor map that isn't a deathmatch.

If anyone's interested in helping, PM me here or friend me on Glass. (My main ID is 157541, this is my hosting alt that I bought because dedicated and steam dislike eachother)
inb4 patton shows up and says either I or the project suck, he's already logged into my server once purely to do that

Now, for those who say "no pix no clix" you aren't asked to click anything but here's some pretty (?) pictures anyways. Looks decent in lit and dark environments.

Constructive criticism is certainly welcome.

Also, I'm back. Feel free to complain.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 07:09:12 PM by Super Suit 12 »

Well, it sounds like a cool idea I saw the original post before I made a BLF account but anyway, I can't really help on it but good luck on it :)

how many times have you made this thread

..3 times? 4? idk

first one because I wanted to talk about my plans
second because it got derailed I think? not sure, maybe it just got too old or something
third because I got banned (this one)

maybe I missed one and this is fourth

Might help for you to post pics of build / maps done. The current shots don't really show much, just some colors unless I'm missing something. Would probably get you some helpers and builders.

Good luck with this. Minigame servers are always fun.

Please express yourself verbally, I do not understand what this is meant to convey.

The build's got a lot of (unnecessarily) fancy lights inside, outside's just meant to be colorful and something to look at (that hides the exterior of the interior lighting). It's not meant to be something by itself, it's meant to be a way to travel between minigame A and minigame B and as something to hold interior minigames. Still, I put a fair amount of work into it, deciding on the colors for the exterior and such.

(My main ID is 157541, this is my hosting alt that I bought because dedicated and steam dislike eachother)
Well guess what: I managed to host a dedicated server WITH Steam. Although, I had to input my key in.. yeah.. RIP.

Well guess what: I managed to host a dedicated server WITH Steam. Although, I had to input my key in.. yeah.. RIP.
steam only accounts can't do that, you're authenticating via key not steam so you're just using steam as a launcher