Is it?

Yes
45 (61.6%)
No.
25 (34.2%)
Never really played it before.
3 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Is minecraft still fun?  (Read 5059 times)

survival is fun.

but this creative mode gay stuff people do is what makes it boring.
The only difference is farming all the materials to get the same end result.
The 'survival' elements might as well not exist.
Yeah, get some diamond armor and enchant it to stuff... so you can kill more skeletons and zombies.

Yeah, get some diamond armor and enchant it to stuff... so you can kill more skeletons and zombies.
its the challenge, the grind that appeals

its like why people play cookieclicker and enjoy it. the dedication itself is what people get out of it. its not everyone's cup of tea, obviously.

god mode can exist in a game but people can willingly avoid it since it would otherwise ruin the game for them.

I'd much rather build something using materials I gathered myself and have a reason to use my creation afterwards, which I realize is pretty ironic considering where we are right now

but I know some people just want to build without limits and that's fine too

i haven't played minecraft since i had a xbox 360 back in uhhhh 2014. they've probably had loads of content-adding additions since then so my opinion might not be totally valid, but even with friends vanilla was getting boring. never tried it with mods on pc

This was very true for a while but in the past year or two they've actually made the game a lot more difficult imo, not in the most intelligent ways but it is a greater struggle to survive most of the time.

isn't hard enough, no good modpacks to make it harder, redstone's too complicated to optimize and stuff, too much of a grind
I like building stuff but it takes too much time to get started and stuff.

I pretty much only play (solo) vanilla survival, and still have fun with it, but my desire to play the game comes and goes.

I have played with mods in the past, but I always end up going back to vanilla eventually.

I pretty much only play (solo) vanilla survival, and still have fun with it, but my desire to play the game comes and goes.

I have played with mods in the past, but I always end up going back to vanilla eventually.
playing with friends isnt a terrible idea if you both share the same interest in growing your base/expanding villages/exploring the nether/finding ocean monuments and strongholds to challenge

hmu if you wanna duo vanilla survival or something. this goes to anyone viewing this post.

same, but the last part

playing with friends isnt a terrible idea if you both share the same interest in growing your base/expanding villages/exploring the nether/finding ocean monuments and strongholds to challenge

hmu if you wanna duo vanilla survival or something. this goes to anyone viewing this post.
make a blockland forum mc server!

isn't hard enough, no good modpacks to make it harder, redstone's too complicated to optimize and stuff, too much of a grind
I like building stuff but it takes too much time to get started and stuff.
The problem with the way MC works is that you can't just 'make it harder'.
Because the difficulty is just an initial bump.
You progress so that you don't struggle with your current dangers, and once you've progressed, you still only face those same dangers, thus the game becomes significantly easier the more you play.

Only if you play heavily modded multiplayer in my opinion.

Vanilla is bland as hell

Modded is an improvement but eh still the same to me

I played the damn game to death so I dont find it interesting whatsoever anymore
This is literally me, I played it as well till it was dead for me, which took like three years of modded and vanilla.

every one of these threads ends the same

Vivecraft's quite fun.