Author Topic: WSJ VS. YOUTUBE MEGATHREAD | 4/30/2017 | AppNexus and the WSJ connection  (Read 10948 times)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ489KjPqlc&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=RxHrHX7WvMtYgTFg-6

https://twitter.com/jacknicas/status/845345949023006720

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jack Nicas, Ben Fritz, Rolfe Winkler, say it with me now

the same WSJ writers who "broke" the story that Pewdiepie was an "anti-Semite" and made him lose his sponsorships has been shown to have also peddled the story that got advertisers to boycott Youtube unless it remade the system
this new version is getting a lot of flak for being extremely generous with the term "tribal" when it comes to judging content
as shown in the video, one of the pieces of content in question is a video called "Chief Keef dancing to Alabama monday", "Alabama monday" being a loving SONG TITLE
the video was shown with coca cola ads before it, coca cola not long afterwards pulled their support

can we ask for these guys resignations yet?

original WSJ article is behind a paywall

forgetin' god damn cuntstuffting me pissforget diptarding /discuss
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 01:07:44 AM by Tactical Nuke »

thanks for keeping us updated

This ad controversy goes far.

Many alt right channels are getting shut down because they aren't "ad friendly"

Mainstream media is slowly dying and it doesn't want to catch up with the times.

These advertisers don't look at the loving videos they place the ads on. They just do it.

Now youtube wants to remedy this by making videos ad friendly so advertisers don't need to watch the videos now to approve first.

Jack Nicas, Ben Fritz, Rolfe Winkler, say it with me now

Jack Nicas, Ben Fritz, Rolfe Winkler

WSJ needs to literally burn to the ground pls

Not firing the people who made the disastrous articles against Felix was strike one... But forcing YouTube to lose hundreds of millions of dollars for absolutely no loving reason is strikes 2 and 3. They're gonna have to make some serious amends.

This doesn't make them fake news or something dumb like that, but if I ever see something that's exclusively being reported on WSJ and only cites anonymous sources I'll be highly skeptical.

This doesn't make them fake news or something dumb like that, but if I ever see something that's exclusively being reported on WSJ and only cites anonymous sources I'll be highly skeptical.

how does printing untrustworthy, slanderous material not make them fake news or, at the very least, put them on the same level as cnn (in your perspective)?

Ipquarx is one of those people who can't see the truth and will claim your sources aren't credible because it's cnn or brexit and not WSJ.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 01:24:00 AM by King Tøny »

how does printing untrustworthy, slanderous material not make them fake news or, at the very least, put them on the same level as cnn (in your perspective)?
Fake news is not a title you give lightly. News being slanted or having a few select bad authors does not generalize to "fake news." cnn is not fake news, it's unreliable, there's a very distinct difference.

You cannot rely on them and them alone unless you have something like video evidence. That is the distinction.

There's a lot of stuff out there that's just reporting on stuff that objectively happened for example, "Annoying Orange walks out of executive order signing before signing orders" is something I believe the WSJ and several other news outlets reported on today. It's an objective fact; he's on video walking out before signing the executive order and it's included in the articles, yet we don't blast the WSJ for false reporting, because it's true. This is why it's absolutely not okay to dismiss an entire journal because they have a few bad authors, because you'll end up dismissing objective facts because someone you didn't like said them.

Fake news on the other hand is completely different from "unreliable sources." Over the course of the election for example, there were many many websites popping up with the sole purpose of generating fake, clickbait, facebook-share-bait articles in order to gain insane amounts of ad revenue. They'd impersonate more reputable journals, often using similar URLs to confuse people, and until they're caught and taken down, consistently generate revenue for the people running it. THAT is fake news.

Ipquarx is one of those people who can't see the truth and will claim your sources aren't credible because it's cnn or brexit and not WSJ.

This is why I don't post sources, no one knows what's credible or not anymore, find your own source.
WSJ is not reliable and it has proven time and time again to be untrustworthy. It's fake news.
As of right now cnn is more credible than WSJ.

I don't recall cnn costing youtube millions of dollars and innocent people over loving bullstuff.
Your trolling's taken a turn for the worse, tony. Gonna go for a quintuple post?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 01:29:06 AM by Ipquarx »

Fake news is not a title you give lightly.

Costing a company millions and making innocent youtube video makers losing money over some bullstuff fake news is not something to give lightly.