Author Topic: Outbreak - Zombie Apocalypse RP  (Read 3326 times)

Server Status:

This is a project I've been working on for almost a year, I started this on May or June of 2016. And I'm pleased to share it with the rest of Blockland Forums. This was originally an open project for anyone to join, but I decided to keep it closed to Blocky Tree Development members only.

Blocky Tree Development

Information

Outbreak takes place in Sorctine, a fictional place containing 3 islands. It is currently a work in progress and will take some time for me to complete. The mainland is small, but improvements will be made to it, along with the other islands as I continue working on the map. Most buildings are open and can be scavenged, anyone could live in them. Places with more interaction are also planned.

There are some problems however, I'm trying to balance quality and detail to fit my goal of 3 islands. There's also problems with freekillers and bandits, but there's a fair amount of zombies that can distract them otherwise. The last issue is map size, I'm trying to get the areas to be as large as possible for 30 players, I might increase it  when the project is complete and when I have a computer to host servers with (I use my laptop to host the server).

Features

-Local chat support and radios
-Large map
-Looting (Boxes, dropped items/backpacks)
-Swollow's weaponry and melee weapons
-Fluidity playertype
-RPGx Extended Crafting and backpacks
-Dog bots and sharks
-Multiple Zombies spawning at dusk and less at dawn. (DNC Events)

Credits

CRG808 - 107469
Failbros2 - 185762
GroupTree24 - 46492
IDK Man - 35547
Master Zen - 132956
SummerMay - 44450
TF141 Ghost - 31877

Special thanks to

Blocky Tree Development - Useful team associated with the creation of the project

Blockland Forums - For the multiple bricks and useful add-ons that I used to make this possible
Blockteen - Providing the thread's logo
Conan - Chat mod
[GSF]Ghost - RPGx Extended and DNC events
Greek2Me - For Slayer V4, which I use most of the time in this map
Swollow - Weaponry used for the map
tommybricksetti - Fluidity Playertype

Crappy video of an older version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLt6lx4c_Fg&t=7s

Screenshots

This is the last image, it's where we ended up at as of April 1st, 2017:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:14:07 PM by Spartan224 »

Update V0.6.7:
  • Initial forum reply, I guess I'll reserve this just in case.

Update V0.6.8

• Supply drops are now a thing, they can be found when a helicopter is nearby (At least 2 admins need to be on)
  • Fixed some small problems with dynamic ambient and sounds.
  • Survivor campsite was added at the end of the WIP side of the bridge.
  • Admin room was changed to no longer have additional starter weaponry, I want to keep the game fair.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:24:47 PM by Spartan224 »

Just to add on to the main topic, I made two 1080p desktop wallpapers using screenshots taken by Spartan224 (GroupTree24). It not's much, its just an image with a Blockland watermark in one of the corners.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/d6g65ic7rfxrvsv/GroupTree24_Outbreak_Offical_Wallpaper_1080p.zip

I think that for the bridge there should be a little bit more detail on the gap and survivor-made ramps for vehicles that break after you make the jump (successful or not). I also think the second set of supports up top should be able to be entered like the Golden Gate Bridge. In there, I think there should be some crates and maybe an abandoned base.

Unturned: Blockland Edition

OT: This sounds fun, actually

It is actually pretty fun if you like zombie survival + cancer-free RPs.

Unturned: Blockland Edition

OT: This sounds fun, actually
Most inspiration was taken from Unturned itself and Sord213's Zombie Survival, the server will improve by the time I reach V1.0.0.

It is actually pretty fun if you like zombie survival + cancer-free RPs.
Yeah, there's some people who fail RP at times but I don't notice since there's Local Chat.

TOO MANY loving FREEKILLERS.

Who's the cunt that's in black that just teleported inside the camp with a shotgun, killing me and most of my group?

Who's the cunt that's in black that just teleported inside the camp with a shotgun, killing me and most of my group?

I'll have to talk to my admins about teleportation. They're supposed to use it to build, not kill.

Okay, there's huge issues I have to cover but I'm not sure how I can fix some of them, here's a list of all the problems I found (Some are still ongoing from the OP).

Issues:

• RDMing is still a problem, but it's been slightly solved by enforcing full-on roleplaying, this is a roleplay server after all... Just a dumbed down one until the beta is over.
  • The map is small, too small for 25 people, I don't plan to host the server for a bit until I partially complete most of the second island.
  • High latency, it increases as more bots spawn at night, it's inconsistent but I'm planning to host on my main computer again.
  • Not enough places to live in, almost everyone prefers to wander around.
  • The military base is the safe haven, and is currently too powerful with numerous medical items, weapons, and utilities. I plan on cutting down the loot that can be found there.
  • Radios are not being used enough, I'm going to enforce a new rule to stop people from using global chat as radios.

Update V0.6.8

• Supply drops are now a thing, they can be found when a helicopter is nearby (At least 2 admins need to be on)
  • Fixed some small problems with dynamic ambient and sounds.
  • Survivor campsite was added at the end of the WIP side of the bridge.
  • Admin room was changed to no longer have additional starter weaponry, I want to keep the game fair.

TOO MANY loving FREEKILLERS.

Yes, that's a problem I'm going to fix, but like I mentioned earlier, I'm going to enforce full on role-playing to stop RDMing, people can talk to me by using global chat to report freekillers.

Also, sorry for the double post, but I'm going to update the logo to include Blockteen's logo he made for me.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:14:45 PM by Spartan224 »