Blockland Save Add-Ons Detector

Author Topic: Blockland Save Add-Ons Detector  (Read 8491 times)

Version 1.0.0

Version 1.0.1

Detect what add-ons are used in a save file.

Due to Blockland Glass taking a while to have add-ons get approved (and the fact that I cannot upload it to Glass due to some issues, Jincux please PM me for details), I'll just upload it to my Dropbox and figure out the Glass situation later.

Anyways, onto the description.

This add-on lets you detect what add-ons you do / dont have from a Blockland save file so that you can go and get those add-ons.
To view a save file's add-on dependencies, start up a server, go into the Load Bricks menu, and double click on the save you want to view. The game will freeze for a few seconds, but don't worry; it's just reading the save file. Do NOT quit the game while it's reading the save file. After it's unfrozen, look in console for the list of addons.
TL;DR
Open a server, go into load bricks menu, double click on any save file you want the add-ons for, open console, look at list.

How to do this without starting a server:
getAddOnsFromSaveFile(<save file name - no file extension / path>);

NOTE: This does NOT download the add-ons, it only lets you view what addons you are missing for save files.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:31:04 PM by RTBARCHIVE »

Finally we have thing which is will tell us what we need for saves :3

your second image: Not Installed - Fx Can Glow, Destructo Wand Attack

uhhhh

This is cool but has been made before, link here.
That version has download links and tells you exactly which pack a lot of bricks are from instead of just the UI names of missing bricks.

I finally found an add-on like this

This is cool but has been made before, link here.
That version has download links and tells you exactly which pack a lot of bricks are from instead of just the UI names of missing bricks.

Ive noticed this mod to not work as needed.
If this works as stated, it'd be a lot more useful as the Save Checker only checks for bricks and not all add-ons.

The questions I have are: does this only read for add-ons you dont have installed in your add-ons folder, or does it compare the add-ons you have on at the time of checking vs what the save file needs? Because I really need a way to compile lists of needed add-ons for several older projects I want to make into gamemodes.

Also, is there any chance of instead of double clicking save files, there could be a button on the Saves UI? I can just imagine myself wondering why on earth my saves list will sometimes lag completely forgetting about how the mod works.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 01:47:17 AM by Mr.Noßody »

what happens is the mod reads all the .cs files in your add-ons folders, keys any datablocks with ui names to the parent folder name, and then lists addons used based on this table. for any bricks/datablocks/etc without a ui name in the generated table, it just lists out the plain uiname of the datablock that is missing.

I'm curious what happens if you quit while it's reading a save file..

Why would anything happen?

Why would anything happen?

Because everything happens ;)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 01:24:14 PM by FelipeO_O_ »

quit while reading save =

The game closes.