Youtube, I'm breaking up with you.

Author Topic: Youtube, I'm breaking up with you.  (Read 2186 times)

Youtube, I'm breaking up with you.

For years and years youtube has slowly been degenerating into an anti-user and anti-consumer platform. Many poor decisions and cowardly acts have lead me to this decision. Youtube, you tried many times to "improve" things, whether you had good intentions or not they always caused controversy, and you noticed this. So you started making controversial moves on purpose to gain attention in the major media, and you did this until one day it did happen, but not because of you, but because of the content. Many media outlets were not pleased to see you surpassing them in the youth demographic, and they werent pleased that you were allowing "negative content" to gain ad revenue, and they spited you and spit in your face by spooking your ad providers. And what have you done? You cowardly conformed and now we are on the track of losing many good youtubers in favour of just many bland or similar youtubers. Youtubers who stay away from hurting the "children's" feelings.

Youtube, you're a cowardly platform and you deserve to crash and burn. There are alternatives to fight for, but no one wants you to crash and burn because they believe you are too big to fail. You're not. You will fall like those before you of you stay steady on the course you have chosen. And i know you will do this.

Youtube, I'm breaking up with you, and one day many others will too.

im placing bets that you'll last a week. youtube is way too big for people to even think about switching.

For this to work, the actual youtubers who produce videos would need to switch, and thats not gonna happen until theres a huge number of people on the alternative sites.

10k views is not a difficult goal

youtube won't miss you. go whore around with vimeo instead and pray to god you don't catch an STD

youtube won't miss you. go whore around with vimeo instead and pray to god you don't catch an STD
VidMe is better.
MasakoX is there.

yeah if you dont even have 10k views and you want to be making money then you wont be making much money anyway

VidMe is better.
MasakoX is there.
Half of Vidme's trending videos are "Why liberalism is terrible" or some other alt-right garbage. At least the stuff that shows up on Youtube's top videos are more bipartisan.

once again you're using some social issue to push your opinion on what services are better. You do this all the time with your news source elitism, and you're doing it now
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 08:21:18 AM by PhantOS »

10k views is not a difficult goal
yeah if you dont even have 10k views and you want to be making money then you wont be making much money anyway
???
How do channels like
Jontron
PewDiePie
TeamFourStar
and
Yes, the political ones too,

Not have 10k views?

They have millions.
The big ones that are getting forgetec have way over 10k views.

Half of Vidme's trending videos are "Why liberalism is terrible" or some other alt-right garbage

That has to do with political shilling because vidme gained popularity first time around when stuff like youtube heroes was coming out.

We just neec to alert other channels who are losing ad revenue to come to vidme. (Tfs should come anyway seeing as how they cant get ad revenue, but vidme allows you to leave 'tips' on videos.)

???

I assumed you actually knew what you were talking about and that "cowardly conformance" (lol) was a reference to the new policy but now I can tell that you're on an entirely different tangent. You haven't actually explained the issue.

I assumed you actually knew what you were talking about and that "cowardly conformance" (lol) was a reference to the new policy but now I can tell that you're on an entirely different tangent. You haven't actually explained the issue.
Youtube is removing ad revenue to any channel it deems to be "controversial"
Not just rinky dink channels in the proverbial sticks

That has to do with political shilling
as apposed to political Annoying Orangeing? The ad issue has nothing to do with the election or politics, it's purely ad companies and their choice to disassociate themselves from unsuitable content. This can range from tribal channels to curse words to animations that feature gore

We just neec to alert other channels who are losing ad revenue to come to vidme. (Tfs should come anyway seeing as how they cant get ad revenue, but vidme allows you to leave 'tips' on videos.)
That seems like the most sensible choice for channels that want to make ad revenue.

So far Vidme is turning into a news outlet more than a video uploading site. The most trending videos are essentially extreme left and right garbage.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 08:29:57 AM by PhantOS »

as apposed to political Annoying Orangeing?
You do realize the word shill wasn't created just to describe hillary, right?

That seems like the most sensible choice for channels that want to make ad revenue.

So far Vidme is turning into a news outlet more than a video uploading site. The most trending videos are essentially extreme left and right garbage.
Yeah, if youtubers would upload both to vidme and youtube, or vidme first and then youtube a day after, we could see a shift. (And the political shillibg wouldnt be the focal point. )

Also you sound fully autistic when you say stuff like "controversial" and "children" and "improve" and "negative content"

get the forget out of here. you're essentially whining and blaming companies for making a financial decision. how dare you decide what to spend money on and what not to! the mainstream media is controlling you! I don't like that they're losing ad revenue either, but it's not youtube's fault. It's the companies' decision what to advertise to, and these people have billions of dollars at stake and have every right to avoid advertising to specific videos that they deem will hurt their business.

If content creators want individual companies to sponsor them, they should get on the phone and make a deal. Jontron does that stuff with Audible.com and he still makes as much money through that, since it's essentially personal ad revenue.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 08:35:47 AM by PhantOS »

Youtube is removing ad revenue to any channel it deems to be "controversial"
Not just rinky dink channels in the proverbial sticks

Well, yeah. Nobody wants to advertise their product on a video promoting CIA or racism or some dumb stuff. YouTube can't individually sort through every single video ever created to determine if it's advertiser friendly or not so they have an algorithm do it for them. That's why the appeal system is there, and it's very effective assuming you haven't actually made a stuffty controversial video.

That's the cost of doing business with advertisers. You have to keep both sides happy.

are you loving kidding me? yes, youtube does bad stuff that absolutely nobody likes, but as it turns out, youtube doesn't care that you're leaving them, as everyone else is going to continue using youtube for two big reasons: they actually have CONTENT to watch, and good content creators can make money off making videos. you're shooting yourself in the leg by breaking up with youtube here, good luck watching 99.9 percent of all videos on the internet because nobody uses the alternative services.