is ss13 an ok game

yes
6 (100%)
no
0 (0%)
maybe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Blockstation 13 | SS13 server for BLF users [Offline, but soon online]  (Read 8780 times)

Link to the server, paste this is your browser to join. Server isn't up yet
byond://68.99.199.74:6969
Discord for announcements/events, or to suggest new items or events!
https://discord.gg/RqNDbAb
Messy github
https://github.com/blockstation13/blockstation
I doubt we'll get any PRs but feel free to, I guess?

What?

Blockstation 13 is a laid-back Space Station 13 server for BLF, with a primary focus on admin-created events, away missions, and general light-hearted fun without fear of being bwoinked. It will not be up 24/7, but it will be up for a large majority of the time - the only downtime will be at late night or when I don't feel like hosting (until we get a VPS). If you want information on when the server will be up, join the discord linked above.

What is Space Station 13?

Space Station 13 is a deeply complex game set on a paranoia-laden metal deathtrap masquerading as a space station. There are different jobs that you can play on the station, ranging from the janitor to the clown, or a chemist to the captain. If you want more information on SS13 in general, visit the SS13 Megathread.

This generally sums up the game:

Why?

There has never really been a dedicated server for BLF users, and if there has, it's never been hosted for more than a couple weeks. Our server intends to deviate from the norm by not providing a vanilla gameplay experience - there will be fun and exciting admin events all the time, and there are new features and an edited map that can only be found on Blockstation. The game will be extremely laid back - we'll accept most ick-ock and blowing up the station is fine by us as long as it isnt too terrible, but that doesn't mean you can go around and griff like your favorite superhero Cuban Pete.

Who?

The server is currently hosted by ZombieDude (AKA me) and there are game masters. There will be no admins or super-admins as we intend for most of that stuff to be handled IC, and there probably won't be enough people on for it to matter anyway. However, we're always looking for people that can be decent game masters and hold events.

Kjolstet (ZombieDude) - Host/Maintainer
       RiotTrout - Game Master
                Calculator Man - Game Master

If you'd like for your name to be on this list, feel free to PM me, either over BLF or discord.

New features?
There are a lot of new features I have added to the Blockstation branch, and there will be more to come. To sum all of it up:
  • A heavily modified map that includes new shortcuts, new places in maintenance, lots of loot, and some modified areas to make up for the fact that not many people will play.
  • 'Science Chemistry' has been added in the area where the E.X.P.E.R.I.M.E.N.T.O.R used to be, since that thing was garbage and the idea of science messing around with deadly chems makes sense.
  • Heavily rebalanced the amount of items in the tool storages around the station for FUN!
  • Changed the visual appearance of most areas - added a lot of vending machines to the east side, changed the color of the bar, a new lounge/drug area in maintenance, the list goes on.
  • Tweaked the values of some chemicals - Chlorine Trifluoride is now much more deadly and ferocious, meth makes you Sonic the Hedgehog on PCP, and various other narcotics, toxins, and foods have had their effects changed wildly.
  • The setro poem reading plays as lobby music
  • After school special does too

Many more changes are planned and I look forward to loving around with things based on peoples suggestions.

Gallery

While the server is not online yet, here is the IP:

byond://69.99.199.74:1337

type this url in to your browser to join. if that doesn't work, the server is on the BYOND hub as well, as Blockstation 13 hosted by Kjolstet.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 11:22:54 PM by ZombieDude »

hey look i'm in the third picture

get on guys

oh no! the rarest pepe has been hit by a meteor! press f to pay respects

the station crashed in to lavaland so we sent an ERT over to deal with it

we all died except a mime who saved a meme blaster on the shuttle and emagged it with space ninja gear

Looks pretty interesting I might join sometime.

But just a quick question why post this in Off Topic and not Games?

But just a quick question why post this in Off Topic and not Games?
more recognition here i guess? honestly forgot

Local man beats demonic oversized eldritch deity to death with his bare hands

i greentexted by accident

this server is really forgetin fun and the events that are sometimes done are amazing

The Knights of Corgia Adventure in Space

The Knights of Corgia Kill the AI

The Knights of Corgia Become Communist

wish i could get back into this game

server is currently up and we're about to do an away mission
if you still need more convincing on why you should join: