Zealot Is At It Again: Satan Returns [SOMETHING ENDS, SOMETHING BEGINS]

Author Topic: Zealot Is At It Again: Satan Returns [SOMETHING ENDS, SOMETHING BEGINS]  (Read 4876 times)

(also, "fachistic" is not a word.)
fascistic is though, and i think you know he meant that

i think your idea was funny but doing it to piss off a religious group you're a loving starfish

i think your idea was funny but doing it to piss off a religious group you're a loving starfish
I'm pretty sure he wasn't doing it to piss off a religious group, he said he's mimicking them, not mocking them

complete bullstuff. he could have easily done some other fake religion instead of satanism.

complete bullstuff. he could have easily done some other fake religion instead of satanism.
Funny, that's pretty much what my (Irish catholic) history teacher said, although she suggested Deism.

What's the point then? There are probably no Scientologists where he lives.

What's the point then? There are probably no Scientologists where he lives.
I'm a christian and I fully support what Zealot's doing here. Totally within his rights, and given his location it's the best subject group. On a college campus, it's social justice warriors.

Except we're not pissing off Christians--we're pissing off morons. My whole family is Catholic/Episcopal and they think it's pretty funny. I don't really go to church but I've visited with the Pastor of my mother's and she also thinks its very funny. I have a lot of Christian friends--living in Oklahoma, and even a lot of the conservative ones realize it's a joke designed to toy with only the most intolerant people. If we had targeted Christians with 'KILL JESUS' posters or something along those lines, it would absolutely be reprehensible. But there's nothing even mildly offensive about a quiet page preaching the greatness of the Dark Lord Satan.

Anyone who actually believes Satan is real and worships him as a diety is really cringey. LeVayan Satanists are really cringey too. But thankfully Oklahoma has a movement of Satanists focused around free-speech rights (because the government is so Christian) and they've accomplished a lot. Notably, they forced the state to remove a 10-foot tall monument of the Ten Commandments that lie before the Oklahoma Capitol building--something I would actually consider to be offensive. It suggests that our lawmakers are listening to the whims of a god I don't even believe in over my civil rights and the laws of the country they are sworn to serve.

But mocking Scientology wouldn't be controversial. The whole point is to press the limits--show the government or the administration that we're willing to exercise our legal rights, even if they don't like it.

ok i see now continue

Zealot I want to see you go to school in Iran and make a "students for LGBT" website.

yea if you're a christian and you're really dumb enough to get pissed off something that's such an obvious ploy to irritate people it's nobodys fault but your own.

Notably, they forced the state to remove a 10-foot tall monument of the Ten Commandments that lie before the Oklahoma Capitol building--something I would actually consider to be offensive.
something I would actually consider to be offensive
Why?

Why?
“Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.” -Thomas Jefferson
“The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.” -John Adams