Author Topic: BL keeps crashing when loading music  (Read 1950 times)

I want to try hosting again but my BL crashes during loading music
it works fine when I enable all bots, bricks, and weapons, and nothing else
it started crashing when I enabled some vehicles
I disabled vehicle_horse, magic carpet, and flying wheeled jeep
help pls

Well happened to me a year ago and i dont know how to fix this.  :panda:

i used to have this problem it shouldn't be an addon it might be a faulty music file or something try disabling your music one by one till it works.

how 2
in your bl folder is a console.log file. upload it somewhere and post it here.

i used to have this problem it shouldn't be an addon it might be a faulty music file or something try disabling your music one by one till it works.
I doubt music crashes your blockland. Some add-ons are improperly packaged but not all of them are fixed.

I doubt music crashes your blockland. Some add-ons are improperly packaged but not all of them are fixed.
I said i used to have this problem and the way i fixed it was by disabling music.

I said i used to have this problem and the way i fixed it was by disabling music.
You are convincing him it is a music file and not an add-on. I do not think it is the problem here. It is a good attempt to see if it is a problem. Most of the time an add-on causes the crashing. Not sure why music would be a problem. I've seen many servers use tons of music with no problem.

There should be no reason for music to crash your bl unless maybe it was corrupted (I wouldn't think it would crash your bl though)

You are convincing him it is a music file and not an add-on. I do not think it is the problem here. It is a good attempt to see if it is a problem. Most of the time an add-on causes the crashing. Not sure why music would be a problem. I've seen many servers use tons of music with no problem.

There should be no reason for music to crash your bl unless maybe it was corrupted (I wouldn't think it would crash your bl though)
I'm not saying that is the issue I'm just sharing the way i fixed this too see if it works for him. We shouldn't be spamming this anyways and be actually helping.

Not really spamming, it's more of creating a point. I still agree that all this talk isn't going out much so I'll drop it.

Speaking of music, there is one issue I used to have with music that would crash my blockland
In the past, when using ingame music players like Chrono's, sometimes after connecting to a server, playing, then leaving, when I opened the player in another server or in the menu, sometimes there would be certain tracks that would appear, I remember one beiing named "Carrot" or something like that, that when played, would crash my game. This would happen with any music player I used. Nowadays I don't have this problem, but it still baffles me.

Speaking of music, there is one issue I used to have with music that would crash my blockland
In the past, when using ingame music players like Chrono's, sometimes after connecting to a server, playing, then leaving, when I opened the player in another server or in the menu, sometimes there would be certain tracks that would appear, I remember one beiing named "Carrot" or something like that, that when played, would crash my game. This would happen with any music player I used. Nowadays I don't have this problem, but it still baffles me.
that was the mod being badly coded and not clearing its list of files on leaving a server, then trying to access the file on a server without the file loaded (since it dictates to the client what to load).

that was the mod being badly coded and not clearing its list of files on leaving a server, then trying to access the file on a server without the file loaded (since it dictates to the client what to load).
does this mean that if the server doesn't have a music file enabled, the client can't play it?
in the past the music players could play any music the client had in their folder