Poll

Would you like a Golden Block Awards?

forget you
no
Yes
I hate the oscars

Author Topic: The Golden Block Awards 2018 (Announcement)  (Read 3165 times)

Hello, citizens of Blockland!

Today, I am officially announcing the beginning of The First Annual Golden Block Awards which will take place on the last weekend of next February for it's around the award time season (the official date will be announced later). The Golden Block Awards will essentially be an award show like the Oscars, but for Blockland that will consist of categories such as the Best Server and Best Admin while major details about these important parts of the show will be released throughout the year leading up to the show.

There are basically three steps on how the show will work. First off, in order to choose nominations for the main categories, my team and I will visit various servers every day while asking the people of Blockland about their choice for these categories as throughout the year, new third parties will be developed which will entirely consist of unbiased people as new voting threads will also be posted on the forums throughout the year to ensure that the people are heard.

As expected, there will be rules and qualifications for being nominated as well as qualifications for winning and becoming a member of a voting third party. Furthermore, when it comes to voting, there will be an objective half and a subjective half that will help determine nominations while winners will be decided mainly by the people while suggestions for nominations will be taken. As of now, construction has begun for The Golden Block Awards while helpers along with professional unbiased players who think they can perform a fantastic job when it comes to voting and talking to the people may start applying on April 19th. Also, me and my team have been keeping note of potential contenders from the past months for the categories soon to be announced in case somebody asks.

I am extremely excited to bring this show to life for the people of Blockland and who knows, if its successful it can go on until Blockland completely dies, or it an quickly die and go straight to hell. Experimentation is fun!

And as I said earlier, major details about The Golden Block Awards 2018 will be released throughout the year along with qualifications and categories.

Let the games begin!

hio
its very limited
add: best build, best addon, best more stuff idk

best-oldest player
sylvanor or masterlegodude

hio
its very limited
Best event

hio
its very limited

ya, there are going to be categories similar to those, but more generalized since categories like best build can't always be figured out due to not seeing every build while people can take credit for other people's build.

add an award for "the most handsome dude"...

hey give the awards for worst people or something like that

hey give the awards for worst people or something like that

Nah, I decided to keep this award show strictly best awards for worst awards would be a different show and it's way more harder to determine a worst player, especially on a subjective note with multiple people.

So for like the server award, is it going to be "Best Server"? Or like best server of a specific category, tdm, rpg, rp, etc.?

So for like the server award, is it going to be "Best Server"? Or like best server of a specific category, tdm, rpg, rp, etc.?

Both, there will be the most honorable and top award of best server, and then there will be a few lower level ones like maybe best death match server or best roleplaying server, but the winners for the smaller ones don't set up the nominations for best server, even though it's possible to receive that 2nd award.

you should add most fire ass beat clap that's blockland related

golden block is a bootleg of the gold brick >:(

you should add most fire ass beat clap that's blockland related

O_o

best bootlegger award???2?2?TWO??2