Author Topic: I'm making a gamemode.  (Read 1466 times)

Hi there, I'm making a gamemode.  

I'm unsure what to call it, but for now I'll just call it Slasher. wow polska you're so loving original

The basic idea of it is, players are thrown into a map.  One will be randomly selected to become the slasher and their goal is to kill the victims.  The rest of the players will be known as victims, their only goal is to survive.  

As of now, the only way for victims to win is to become the last victim alive, but I and a handful of other people are planning to make it so victims must survive for X amount of minutes and a random exit placed in the map will open which they must reach to win.

We're running on the map SPO Castle currently (This isn't made by me or anyone else who is currently working on the project, but we've modified it to fit the gamemode).  If you want to submit a map that we could add to a planned map rotation system, that'd be great.

I'll be hosting a test server from time to time where I'll work on the gamemode with the help of others.  If you would like to help, please just show up on the server if you see it.  It'll most likely be called "Polska's Test" or something like that.
Alternatively if you can't seem to catch the server when its online, you can add me on Steam (PM me for the link) and I can try to work out what time I'll host so that you could help.

Well Polska, why should I care?
Whether you want to care or not depends on you.  I put this up to see if people like the idea and to see if anyone would like to assist me in creating this gamemode.
Why should I help?
You don't have to, I'm just asking for volunteers really.  Any help is appreciated.

Thank you for reading this. if you did read this, that is.

EDIT1: This is in the wrong section, kms.

Planned features (Some might be scrapped):
- Different slashers (aka different weapons and looks)
- Sprinting
- Map rotation?
- Add a police team (revives one player a gives them a gun with a little bit of ammo?)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 06:36:56 PM by AverageDude »

I think legoboss made the EXACT same gamemode with some minor diffrences

I think legoboss made the EXACT same gamemode with some minor diffrences
Yeah, this isn't original and it's not really meant to be.  My main goal is to just make it some fun game you could join when you're bored.

Yeah, this isn't original and it's not really meant to be.  My main goal is to just make it some fun game you could join when you're bored.

you could make something with this RPG mod: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=301120.0
If you did that, I would join. I haven't seen anyone else use this mod.

Sounds just like a server that Boost (I think) used to host called "The Hidden"

It'd prob be better if someone could just host that

Sounds just like a server that Boost (I think) used to host called "The Hidden"

It'd prob be better if someone could just host that
True, but it couldn't hurt to try this, right?

you could make something with this RPG mod: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=301120.0
If you did that, I would join. I haven't seen anyone else use this mod.
I'll see what I could do with it, thanks.

EDIT1: This is in the wrong section, kms.
Firstly, Gamemodes is for finished gamemodes, this isn't a help thread so it doesn't go in Modification Help, where else would you put it?
Secondly, NO DON'T DO IT NO Self Delete ISN'T THE ANSWER
Third, sounds pretty generic. Is the killer invisible? Indistinguishable when unarmed? Why not try a last-man-standing thing, where the victims are armed with weak weapons (like, 1-damage sort of thing, definitely need to team up) and when the Slasher dies, whoever did the most damage becomes the next Slasher or the Slasher drops their weapons and so on until there is one person left?

(I'm unclear, is this a slasher as in a monster that slashes you, or a person with a knife that slashes you? That's a really generic name.)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:22:50 PM by Super Suit 12 »

Firstly, Gamemodes is for finished gamemodes, this isn't a help thread so it doesn't go in Modification Help, where else would you put it?
Secondly, NO DON'T DO IT NO Self Delete ISN'T THE ANSWER
Third, sounds pretty generic. Is the killer invisible? Indistinguishable when unarmed? Why not try a last-man-standing thing, where the victims are armed with weak weapons (like, 1-damage sort of thing, definitely need to team up) and when the Slasher dies, whoever did the most damage becomes the next Slasher or the Slasher drops their weapons and so on until there is one person left?

(I'm unclear, is this a slasher as in a monster that slashes you, or a person with a knife that slashes you? That's a really generic name.)
1. I thought it belonged in help because I asked for a little bit of help in post. 2. I'm in the underworld as we speak. 3. Yeah, the name will be changed.  The killer is pretty terrifying, considering the fact that its just a human with a chainsaw.  I'll test out a last man standing thing, but I think the slasher should just be randomly selected.