Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: leopard.hosting - Now with shorter URLs!  (Read 1315 times)

leopard.hosting, the continuation of justfilehosting.space, is now almost two years old! While justfilehosting.space started as just a hobby project, it's become a bit more than that now. Contrary to when I started this project, I am now confident that I'll continue running it for the foreseeable future and people will not have to worry about files disappearing. There is plenty of space, and the server shares space with other websites I host as well so it's unlikely that I'll lose interest in keeping the server up.

For those unacquainted, here's the basic principals behind leopard.hosting
 - Anonymous, no account required to use.
 - No tracking or advertisements.
 - No annoying download pages, most files will download immediately. (?)
 - Media like images, video, and sound will display directly in the browser without an annoying landing page.
 - Upload files up to 100MB in size.
 - Compatible with ShareX via a custom uploader config, supports delete urls.
 - Funded by donations. (sometimes, anyways)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 03:40:56 AM by Pecon »

Yea, if it expires some of my links will become invalid.

Yea, if it expires some of my links will become invalid.

If you have access to those links still, you can simply replace 'justfilehosting.space' with 'leopard.hosting' and they'll work correctly.

If you have access to those links still, you can simply replace 'justfilehosting.space' with 'leopard.hosting' and they'll work correctly.
The issue is that old image links I made will also become invalid as well.

As long as the topics they're in aren't locked you should be able to edit them with the quick edit button. You can still edit posts that are too old to bump.

if the thread's dead it shouldn't really matter

if the thread's dead it shouldn't really matter
ever heard of archival?

ever heard of archival?
yes... that's why I said 'shouldn't really matter'. If its just one image posted in a thread a long time ago, I doubt somebody that stumbled on to it would fine it a big problem.

id say renew the lease on the domain. its a good rememberable name anyways, and maybe some buyer will ask you for it in the future. how much does it cost to renew, and how long does it last?

id say renew the lease on the domain. its a good rememberable name anyways, and maybe some buyer will ask you for it in the future. how much does it cost to renew, and how long does it last?
It's about $10 per year, not much different than most .com domains.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 03:41:03 AM by Pecon »

Bumping because I just made some updates. The most notable change is that I've implemented pretty urls, which makes the urls much easier to type as well as makes them much shorter than before.

Old url format:
https://leopard.hosting/download.php?f=ogwce&name=Incendiary.mp4

New url format:
https://leopard.hosting/dl/ogwce/Incendiary.mp4

This is only for file downloads, though I may expand it to some other things later on. Aside from this I also improved the site navigation by having the links bar at the bottom show up on most pages, as well as some changes in wording for a few things.

Bump because 2am post.

Nice QOL change, neat that its just an extra url option and doesnt invalidate old urls