Author Topic: More Ramps: Using default textures?  (Read 655 times)

I know the basics of blender, and now I want to do some more modelling, but this time for bricks rather than a weapon.
How do I reference textures in other addons and the game's base files? I'd like to grab some textures from some default add-ons, and of course, the normal brick textures.

I'm planning on making the following:
1. Various configurations of ramps coming off a single brick, so you can put pillars through the corners of your inverted pyramids and stuff
2. Various ramps based on the original Fence and Grating bricks, the former being somewhat close to the original ramp sizes and the latter being made to line up with ModTer 1/4th ramps.

EDIT: Also, is it possible to have multiple collision meshes to avoid the issue with concave meshes?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 12:33:56 PM by Super Suit 12 »

it's been over 24 hours, please help

Bricks can and will only use the textures specified in the base folder of Blockland. So each brick you make will end up using the default textures (unless you use some non-default textures, but that affects all bricks).

The following can be used:

BRICKTOP - brick top texture
BOTTOMEDGE - the bottom edge texture of a brick
BOTTOMLOOP - the looping texture for the bottom bits (any brick that's larger than 2x2, afaik)
SIDE - the brick side texture
RAMP - that bubbly texture on the ramps
PRINT - applies prints to that quad

Tophius' and General's BLB converter can read UV coordinates when it comes to applying a texture on a quad. Not sure how Demian's works, you should probably read his documentation.

As for your second question, it is possible to make collision meshes from multiple objects to avoid problems with concave collisions. Think of it the same way as working with "brushes" in Hammer Editor for Source. Complex collisions are made up from many mesh objects (for example the ramps).

Demians blb exporter readme goes over how to use pretty much all its features, and comes with a bunch of example blend files for reference.

Uh... Thanks? I'll just try modelling something and see if I can get it worked out. (Tomorrow.)