I rarely see any new addons being made.

Author Topic: I rarely see any new addons being made.  (Read 2477 times)

Anyone noticed add-ons rarely come out?

Hell even the environment section never has anything good coming out on it.

I'm sure the good add-on authors are working on some.
Although not quite as fast since not many people know TorqueScript nowadays.

I've noticed some good ones like the new vehicles in the Add-Ons section.

And plus, the Blockland Staff Skybox is the only skybox we need.

I've noticed some good ones like the new vehicles in the Add-Ons section.

And plus, the Blockland Staff Skybox is the only skybox we need.

Exactly.
Either OP hasn't checked BLG or he just only reads the BLF Add-Ons section.
Honestly though, I've noticed some good addons. (If you're talking about environment ones, check out Zeblote's Environment Zones. One great example of a new add-on.)

Oh, and there's always this if you want to make add-ons: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B-IJmnAWNjEFSmRTVUdCWHpyM00
It's a text reference/tutorial to TorqueScript. Haven't got round to reading it yet, but Crown recommended it, so.. yeah.

the blockland staff skyboxes are a landmark addition to the blockland community

what addons do you have in mind op

the blockland staff skyboxes are a landmark addition to the blockland community
they are mandatory to run blockland

Oh, and there's always this if you want to make add-ons: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B-IJmnAWNjEFSmRTVUdCWHpyM00
It's a text reference/tutorial to TorqueScript. Haven't got round to reading it yet, but Crown recommended it, so.. yeah.
Holy stuff, I've learned more about Syntax from this one file in a few minutes then from bumbleloving around on codecademy for months.

Holy stuff, I've learned more about Syntax from this one file in a few minutes then from bumbleloving around on codecademy for months.
codecademy is a suggestion of mine not to learn syntax but to learn basic concepts like the loop, lists, and structuring code and variables. syntax is punctuation/grammar: just knowing how to use punctuation right doesnt make you able to write a short story

one of my favorite torquescript cheats is a ? b : c. i end up using it like 90% of the time in every add-on and it saves so much time.

essentially a? b : c is identical to this

if(a)
    b
else
    c

so (%n = 5) ? announce("its true!") : announce(":("))

one of my favorite torquescript cheats is a ? b : c. i end up using it like 90% of the time in every add-on and it saves so much time.

if(a)
    b
else
    c

they're called ternary operators and they're p cool

if(a)
    b
else
    c

except 9 times out of 10 it's unnecessary and just makes your code more unreadable

except 9 times out of 10 it's unnecessary and just makes your code more unreadable
this and also it makes it harder to add more functionality if you happen to need to do something more with that true/false check

the most you should use it for is on-spot checks like "is number > 1 if yes add s to make word plural"

if(a)
    b
else
    c

also just for the record, this wont execute as you don't have fully closed parenthesis and a more elegant way of doing this line of code would be

Code: [Select]
announce((%n = 5 ? "its true!" : ":("));