If you opened a paypal account before you were 18, close it now.

Author Topic: If you opened a paypal account before you were 18, close it now.  (Read 4969 times)

https://medium.com/@iDemonix/paypal-is-still-one-of-the-worst-online-examples-of-customer-service-42f3c13f6cd0

Can confirm, actually happened to me. People need to stop letting themselves be abused by paypal and kick them back into irrelevancy.

Paypal is honestly a crock of stuff and the only reason i see it continuing to exist is it makes a freelancers life easier to receive their money, and its good for someone like me that cant get a proper bank card yet, I'm deactivating my account as soon as i can get a card which will be in a couple of weeks. if there are any similar alternatives in the mainstream market that would be great, paypal deserves to crash and burn

It was 2007 when I opened my account, meaning I would have been 17. Apparently this is a good enough reason for PayPal to close my account in 2017

forget paypal. They kept the money too, 300 euros. he can get it back in 180 days

Thanks for the warning, I just now closed mine.
It was asking for the information to confirm, so it's a good thing that I saw this.

Jesus Christ what a richard move, first they tax him then they keep his money from him?

Thanks for the warning, I just now closed mine.
Same, not like I used it much either.

Unfortunately I can't cancel - it wanted me to do a quick security check with a phone number that is no longer in service.
Also, from what I hear, stripe is a good alternative.

Thanks for the PSA. I only used it to buy Cydia tweaks, and it's also "limited" for some bullstuff. Thankfully, I was able to transfer 200$ without it being fully limited.

Oof ouch.
Sadly Paypal has become so integrated in today's online payment world that it would be hard for me to do without.
Though i think i just about opened mine when i was 18.
I am not 100% sure.
It sucks for those who suffer from these kind of stuff though, hope i don't get the same issue.

i closed mine a long time ago

Oof ouch.
Sadly Paypal has become so integrated in today's online payment world that it would be hard for me to do without.
Though i think i just about opened mine when i was 18.
I am not 100% sure.
It sucks for those who suffer from these kind of stuff though, hope i don't get the same issue.

Pretty much the same for me. I happened to open mine just after I turned 18, and I use it for a number of overseas purchases...which also loving sucks because their exchange rates always seem off.

Pretty much the same for me. I happened to open mine just after I turned 18, and I use it for a number of overseas purchases...which also loving sucks because their exchange rates always seem off.
I am not sure about the exchange rates. I don't notice it all too much myself.
Then again i don't really buy stuff in different currencies all that much.

Also, credit cards are a big no for me and will stay that way, hence i can't do without Paypal pretty much.

Also, credit cards are a big no for me and will stay that way, hence i can't do without Paypal pretty much.
oh honey

um..... you know there are checking accounts, with debit cards, right