Could Someone Recommend Me Some Bands?

Author Topic: Could Someone Recommend Me Some Bands?  (Read 2214 times)

Eric Johnson - the whole Ah Via Musicom album and the whole Venus Isle album. That stuff's surreal as forget

Eric Johnson - Third Stone from the Sun (issa Hendrix cover)

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star III and IV (good prog stuff)

An Endless Sporadic - Impulse (instrumental)

Black Sabbath - Electric Funeral (or the whole Paranoid album). Reminds me of Black Hole Sun

Black Sabbath - Children of the Grave

Dorje (Rob Chapman's band) - Aeromancy

Pink Floyd - Brain Damage/Eclipse (song)

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Couldn't Stand the Weather (just for fun ;] )

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III (full album)

Anything by Dream Theater

Should be a good list. I tried to cover the different ends of your supplised samples. Enjoy!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 07:27:26 PM by Col. Derontchi »

Black Sabbath - Electric Funeral (or the whole Paranoid album). Reminds me of Black Hole Sun
to add to this, planet caravan on paranoid is incredible

prog rock is your friend buddy

Yes
Genesis (including Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins's solo careers)
Rush
King Crimson
Pink Floyd

if you don't care about formality, then consider the composer Steve Reich

if you want really overly surreal stuff that isn't "composed", consider the vaporwave genre in general or any rock music from the 60s (Jimi Hendrix specifically)

pf songs i'd recommend to op are:

breathe
time
brain damage
great gig in the sky
echoes
fearless
shine on your crazy diamond
have a cigar
dogs

if you don't care about formality, then consider the composer Steve Reich

^^^This. 'Music for 18 Musicians' is long but man is it an experience. 'Clapping Music' is a good place to start with Steve Reich's catalog, as it's a good introduction to his phase-based form of composition.

Talking Heads
- Once In A Lifetime

^^^Also good. I'd also recommend 'The Great Curve', 'Seen And Not Seen', or 'Houses in Motion'.

As for my own suggestions, I don't listen to much "calming" surreal music (most of it is very experimental/dissonant) but you might like Scott Walker, Neu, Faust, the Low album by David Bowie, Brian Eno, Björk, and Dismemberment Plan. I know they're not the most patrician recommendations but I enjoy those artists a lot.

^^^This. 'Music for 18 Musicians' is long but man is it an experience. 'Clapping Music' is a good place to start with Steve Reich's catalog, as it's a good introduction to his phase-based form of composition.

I linked him to Different Trains cause you can't get more phasey and surreal than that unless you consider Proverb

or Six Marimbas

stuff just loving check him out regardless forget it

HOME
anything on electronic gems

College & Electric Youth
a real human bean, and a
- A Real Hero

I don't get tumblr memes pls explain

note: slimetony is HOME