Children shows back in the 90s were better

Author Topic: Children shows back in the 90s were better  (Read 3081 times)

Remember Bobby's World?  IT WAS A GOOD SHOW

y'all keep talking about "ooh the 90s" meanwhile early 2000s a show about a funny, sweet, little, purple dog meant for kids showcases ancient Egyptian locust swarms that kill people, lethal scientific experimentation on Lovecraftian cosmic beings and real ACTUAL domestic violence
care to elaborate

care to elaborate

DON'T LIE TO ME MOTHERforgetER YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

http://videos.onlineplayer.eu/ctcd/images/s01/07.png

this episode had me traumatized when I was 6 years old :cookieMonster:

courage the cowardly dog

wow that didnt click at all

Remember Bobby's World?  IT WAS A GOOD SHOW
MY brother

imo early 90s-2004 was prime time for cartoons

i prefer "you're a sap, mr. jap"

I WAS BORN IN THE WRONG GENERATION

i'm very interested in the years of the 90s-2000s and i'm even more fond of the technology, media, vehicles (i guess that's covered under 'technology'?) of the time along with many other things. so yeah, you can say that i prefer cartoons from the time because of that, and in my own opinion i'd say shows (not just cartoons) from the time were better (keeping a 90s-2000s variety in mind here), and i'm also in agreement with planr
I'm in full agreement on this, kid's shows used to be much better when they didn't censor stuff like that so heavily.

but i do realize people are obviously going to have differing opinions if they were born later/earlier than the 90s/early 2000s, or if they just don't really care in the first place. i get what you're saying, and i get the argument you're trying to put up, but it's like thatdarkninja said, censorship's been a persistent thing for a long time now. i definitely see some sort of a cultural change when you put older 90s shows up next to shows made anywhere around 2010 (or later), but kids growing up with those cartoons today probably aren't gonna see that or care, and sadly i don't see any of those comfy television shows from the 90s-early/mid 2000s making a genuine comeback, nor any shows reminiscent of them. while i don't really like them, cartoons from recent years do have hints of quality to them, though

I WAS BORN IN THE WRONG GENERATION
lmao OP isn't saying anything like that, he's just putting up a claim that 90s shows were less censored/limited than cartoons being put out today, i don't see him saying the 90s overall were better than the 2000s or that he'd rather be born in the 90s