Author Topic: Poker Night at the BLF.  (Read 2560 times)

"Greetings gentlemen. I welcome you to sphee's Bar & Poker."
"I am shpee. Your host and proud owner of this establishment."

"Have you come to participate in tonight's poker games?"

HOW TO PLAY
Each game is a good ol' fashioned round of Texas Hold 'em.
The goal of each game is to knock your opponents out of the match by draining their funds.

To join, state what character you would like to be represented as well as your name for use within the game.
Those unfamiliar with Texas Hold 'em will not have to worry; the game will be explained when a round begins.

~reserved~

also, just to clear things up. This is NOT meant to replace any of my primarily active games; it is more of a time-waster to fill the void in-between activity of those games.

And I shall be The Milkman.

i am ben dover

[img  width=700]http://i.imgur.com/cG5SadJ.jpg[/img]
And I shall be The Milkman.
we're playing strip poker right

we're playing strip poker right
What other kind is there?

What other kind is there?

Gmod doesn't support strip poker unfortunately.

But we can always play Texas Hold 'em tiddies

i am will going to be Hush because i am
me (irl):

Sign me in as Sadako.

seven caaards
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 08:07:22 AM by Rabbot32 »

I tried to be as accurate as possible; but some models just have not been made yet.

"Excellent. The competition has arrived."
"Allow me to explain how the game works."

At the start of a hand, each player will be dealt two cards; which are sent via a PM to ensure these cards are not seen by other players.
These first two cards are your 'Hole Cards'.

Following this, there will be a round of betting. Here you can Check, Bet, or Fold. This stage is known as Pre-Flop
and your actions taken here should be performed based on your starting hand.

Once the first round of betting is complete, three community cards will be presented on this topic for the current hand. These cards can be used by all players to create their hands. This stage is known as The Flop

Following this, a second round of betting starts; upon which afterward a fourth card will be added. This is known as The Turn.

Yet another round of betting follows, then the fifth and final community card is presented. This is known as The River. After this; one final round of betting with commence.

Once the final round of betting has ended; assuming there still remain two players active in the hand, a Showdown will commence. In a showdown, the remaining players in a hand will have their hole cards revealed; and the best hand they have achieved with the current cards will be announced. The player with the best hand will win the pot for that round.

On the other hand, if all but one player folds; the hand immediately ends with the last player standing receiving all of the money.

TL:DR To win a round; players must create the best five card hand using the two cards they are given at the start of a round, and the five cards shared between each player.

"Now then; Shall we begin?"

Hey, look! A pyro in the background!

dam tablesalt has a good poker face

It's possible for two other players to join the current round(evidenced by the two vacant seats)
i'll be starting the game later on
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:17:11 PM by lord techno »

Tonight's Stakes will be $10,000.

"May the best player win. I will periodically raise the blinds."

At the start of each hand two players will be required to post a blind. The two players to the left of the dealer chip must post blinds, the closest posting the small blind, and the furthest posting the big blind.
Keep in mind the dealer chip moves clockwise around the table.

Everyone else MUST match the big blind to remain in the hand. And the player who is to the immediate left of the player who posts the big blind gets to go first.

Hand One

$300

The Milkman
BIG BLIND: 200
$9,800

Ben Dover
GOES FIRST
$10,000

Polandball
$10,000

TableSalt
DEALER