Author Topic: Does the steam version of blockland work with Linux?  (Read 2081 times)

i'm planning to upgrade my laptop to linux mint, so i'm wondering if it is compatible with the steam version of blockland.

Blockland and Linux don't like each other

well that sounds nice

assuming you're running it through wine, you can run bl fine on linux. im not sure of how you'd go about doing it on steam though, assuming you're not running steam on wine. i dont know too much about this - you should ask ipquarx or pecon about it.

steam on wine works- as well as blockland on steam on wine

"""""""""""""""""""""""upgrade"""""""""""""""""""""""" to linux

I have honestly never had trouble running Blockland through Wine on Ubuntu. Granted, I am not running the Steam version.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:59:06 PM by Platypi »

The only issue is findFirstFile and findNextFile, which doesn't go in alphabetical order.
In my experience, it runs faster and has less bugs than on Windows.

The only issue is findFirstFile and findNextFile, which doesn't go in alphabetical order.
This. Ugh...

You just run the windows version of steam with wine. It's kinda annoying having two seperate steam installs, but it tends to work pretty well.

I should mention though that tests people have done with blockland on different distros has shown that blockland runs slowest on mint with ubuntu not far behind. Debian was one of the fastest options.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 03:22:49 PM by Pecon »

i installed linux mint

'''''''''''''''''''''''fuck'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Blockland runs wonderfully through Wine. Just make sure you have OpenAL stuff installed and it'll be just fine using any sort of recent version of Wine.

Steam runs fine-ish on Wine and will also run Blockland just the same as the non-steam version.

"""""""""""""""""""""""upgrade"""""""""""""""""""""""" to linux
I'm forgetin'  L  I  V I D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 05:07:54 PM by Kamutog »

yeah, I last tried it w/ playonlinux a few years back and afaik it helped

i installed linux mint

'''''''''''''''''''''''fuck'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Shouldn't make much of a difference. Linux Mint is pretty similar to Ubuntu (I have used both). If you have problems and can't find help aimed specifically toward Linux Mint, try looking for help for the same problem on Ubuntu (i.e. on Stack Overflow or of the like).