probably auditory hallucination but spooky noises at night nonetheless

Author Topic: probably auditory hallucination but spooky noises at night nonetheless  (Read 2468 times)

so around 1:30 this morning i couldn't fall asleep so i scroll through stuff on my phone when i hear what sounds like when a person tries to whistle but it doesn't work right next to my loving right ear. after that sleep didn't come so easily but i managed to fall asleep somehow

come 3:45 am i'm in that state between being asleep and awake, hearing my name being called like 20 times, but i don't wake up until i hear what sounds like a tongue click twice in my ear. i, obviously, was loving spooked out of my mind when i looked around to find the same empty room
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:18:00 AM by Ragequit »

dude holy forget-ass I have similar experiences
sometimes I hear what sounds like flip-flops stomping around in my kitchen or a plastic thing being thrown to the ground and it spooks the ass outta me

never come in my house again

That sounds bad

Whats worse is seeing stuff in the middle of the night and by morning its gone
I remember a year ago I woke up at like 3 AM and looked down and someone's arm was stretched out from under my bed. It was gone by morning so I dismissed it as a hallucination.

probably hypnagogia, or hallucinations if you were severely deprived of sleep

if neither of those, does this happen often and if so is it always frightening?

I have some small hallucinatory stuff like seeing occasional "drips" of something but holy damn that stuffs bonkers. You should consult someone about it

at this poin tthis kind of stuff is normal. I go to sleep at 12:00 - 1:00 AM and wake up around 4:30 - 5:00.
i'm just like "ha sup mind spirits"
new record for sleep paralysis was 4 times in a day. Class was slow, and I was tired. stuff was surreal.

99% of night memes are caused by one of the following:

sleep paralysis
optical illusions
hypnagogia
wind

once i woke up and saw some little nibba sitting next to me

it sounds like hypnagogia. i get this thing (quite frequently) where, as i'm falling asleep, i could be thinking of some random-ass scene in the "background" i guess like a classroom, and then suddenly a noise like a binder falling on the floor actually produces an audible sound. it could be a similar effect, and it's a normal thing. startling, and a bit weird, but normal.

you hear your thoughts in your dreams anyway, but sometimes dream stuff seeps into your awake state. often times when i'm falling asleep, i could be thinking of random things like car headlights or lightning, and as the car headlights pass behind trees or the lightning strikes the ground in the distance, i can actually see the light of them. of course, i usually have to be near sleep for this to occur, but the back of my eyelids is dark so the sudden bursts of light startle me awake again.

the brain is weird bro but if you start experiencing these things outside of bedtime, consult a psychiatrist and get a mental health examination done.