Author Topic: Need help returning item to third party seller  (Read 1253 times)

I purchased a camera on Amazon from a third party seller, DIGITALUNIVERSE. I was in somewhat of a rush to purchase the camera and didn't look over the advertisement fully. It turns out the camera is imported or a grey market camera, which I don't want especially since it's a gift.

I buy a new US version of the same camera for roughly the same price and I request a return on the other camera. My return is accepted and they give me a shipping label. I have to pay for postage, which I don't mind, but the company says they can't issue the refund until they receive the camera.

Well, reading some of their feedback (they garner 5 star feedback by offering free stuff for 5 star reviews) it seems that a few other people have had issues with their refunds not being given even though they have shipped (and supposedly delivered) their returns.

So now I wondering what to do. I have to pay postage and I'll probably get shipping insurance, but Im wondering how can I ship the item to make sure that I can confirm the item has been received and that I get my refund. I read other stories of Amazon refusing to help out and denying claims because they couldn't confirm the item was returned.

Does anyone have experience or have suggestions for what I should do?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:47:17 AM by SlayerZ99 »

not much you can do. it's a third party seller, they dont have to abide by any refund policies unless they want to.

not much you can do. it's a third party seller, they dont have to abide by any refund policies unless they want to.
But the thing is if they say they are gonna refund it then they have to refund it, if they don't you can sue them.

From what I was reading on the seller's forums, the third party sellers have to at least match Amazon's return and refund policy
But the thing is if they say they are gonna refund it then they have to refund it, if they don't you can sue them.
Well I wouldn't sue obviously. I would bit the bullet and take an L on the $280, but I would hope I'd get the camera back if it "wasn't received" and then I'd just sell it on Ebay as an import.

Its your money but personally i wouldn't settle on letting them shill out $280 of hard earned cash. I would write a legal response to the seller claiming that if they don't abide by proper procedures they will be liable to send a representative to court.

Not many people take that option and that's where they ignore the grey area.

it would cost me far more than $280 to go to court

Which is why you use that letter to your advantage. They probably don't want to go to court either.

Funny enough you could get quite a bit of money if you get the right lawyer, then that would compensate for the 280, but I agree with Alkatjo, the threat of going to court should probably scare them.

I had the same issue with shoes on amazon.
File an A to Z guarantee claim if they don't refund within 24 hours after receiving the product. You won't see a "no refund given" option in the drop down, so in the topic and subject say that that's not the issue and that the seller refused to refund you even when the item was delivered. Give stuff like the tracking number, too.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:25:00 AM by Mr Queeba »

I had the same issue with shoes on amazon.
File an A to Z guarantee claim if they don't refund within 24 hours after receiving the product. You won't see a "no refund given" option in the drop down, so in the topic and subject say that that's not the issue and that the seller refused to refund you even when the item was delivered. Give stuff like the tracking number, too.
Yeah thats what my next plan of action. I was reading around and it looks like the refund has to be given within 5 days of receipt. I bought insurance and signature confirmation on it and I have the tracking number just in case I have to go to amazon.