Author Topic: Combat Trench Segment  (Read 2763 times)

Alright

So this is something that just came to my mind and I decided to work on.
It's not perfect, but I'd say it's better than most of my builds.
Anyway, it's a segment of a Trench used in trench warfare, with an artillery pit include

It's pretty bland, but it was more of a "Proof of Concept" thing to me

The reason the Underground tunnels and artillery pit are bland are because I couldn't really think of anything to actually fill them with.
So, enjoy.

This is hot hot hot. I'd recommend varying the ceiling and floor of the tunnels as much as you did the walls.

This is hot hot hot. I'd recommend varying the ceiling and floor of the tunnels as much as you did the walls.
Yeah, I admit, I should've finalized the ceiling and floors of the tunnels before posting, but I was getting a bit sleepy and decided that I would wrap things up.
I actually started this project on ANT's server earlier today but he had to leave so I had to end up restarting the whole thing from stretch on single player.
And I'd actually like to see a fully fledged WW1 TDM with a complete trench warfare map (Not the trench warfare gamemode, but I guess one could be made for a Sand-box like mode)
The part I like the most myself is the trench itself.

I really love it, but alas if you were to duplicate this in at multiple parts in one map, it might cause a great deal of lag. Since the underground part of it seems like it could go for a bit and there's so many bricks involved.

Edit: Maybe add some of the lights broken or blinking, and maybe add some health kits or even barrels and boxes.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 06:08:31 PM by Shroom »

oh hey, cute stuff. don't see this build style enough anymore

That looks amazing. A huge map with this much detail would really lag, however you could definitely make a Trench Rush / CTF on a smaller map using this. Trench Rush would literally be the first person to reach and capture the other persons primary bunker and you're forced to fight in the trench. CTF is well, you can put two and two together for that one.

yeah tbh you could just create a couple dupes of that baseplate and modify it a bit to make a p dope tdm or something

Wow, dude, you need tpo work on it, it looks perfect as for me :O

Where did you get that artillery turret?

Where did you get that artillery turret?
Gravity Cat's M119 Howitzer in this topic
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=107991.0

I used the Laser Designator in this topic to do the actual aiming
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=245320.0

Works quite well, and can fire the howitzer too with a simple chat command

I get the dup lag argument, but sometimes it's nice to just make something visually appealing.

jeez, didnt recognize the howitzer there cause it just looks so much like an eighty-eight when black and pointed upwards.
I get the dup lag argument, but sometimes it's nice to just make something visually appealing.
but the new duplicator alleviates like 90% of lag issues when duping???

jeez, didnt recognize the howitzer there cause it just looks so much like an eighty-eight when black and pointed upwards.but the new
Yeah, I'm kinda confused on how the Laser Designator version of the Howitzer can bypass the maximum angle height restriction, but hey! As long as it works!

but the new duplicator alleviates like 90% of lag issues when duping???

No you misunderstand me. I'm talking about how he's using so many plate bricks to emphasis the detail of the dirt. Not the actual act of duping the bricks.