brown townytics Time: Check out this game I made

Author Topic: brown townytics Time: Check out this game I made  (Read 1503 times)

So again, for my game brown townytics class me and my team made a real rough Unity game. It's built to test the Unity brown townytics function.
I need people to actually play this mess in order to actually get some brown townytic data.

Here's a link to the game:
https://tau1games.itch.io/the-woods

Controls are WASD to move, hold right click and move the mouse to move the camera.
The objective is to collect rocks that are spread out on the ground while avoiding the rat creature.

Note:

-This is a rough game, made to only test the brown townytic functions through Unity.
-The game runs off the Unity player
-Camera control is a but unresponsive, and the player never stops his running animation.
-The game is based off of the Bone comic.
-You cant actually win or lose, dont be too disappointed.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 06:37:05 PM by Mr.Noßody »

within a minute of playing I fell out of the map

good job so far tho

within a minute of playing I fell out of the map

good job so far tho

Lol, did you really?
That'll be a fun heatmap to see.

This project most likely wont go any farther as this was a forced assignment.
Bad team morale.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:01:47 PM by Mr.Noßody »

the logo took more effort than the game

the model looks like that one time kalphiter made the """new game""" and used sculptgl to make a chicken monster

making game hard, especially in the time constraints of a single class project, and for something that's only meant to be a test of a behind-the-scenes brown townytics system, it's sufficient

That and the model textures are my contribution to the game.
And even then, my normal maps were omitted from the final build, so boo.

So thanks for at least liking my logo.

But either way its fine. We can all agree that the game is on the lower end.

don't worry about it too much, I had a gaming class where we made games for the final project and I made a stuffty top-down shooter where the "TANGO DOWN" audio file from CoD played every time you blew someone up

it was late and buggy as hell, the textures were horrific and the sound design was annoying

it got ranked 2nd best in the class

don't worry about it too much, I had a gaming class where we made games for the final project and I made a stuffty top-down shooter where the "TANGO DOWN" audio file from CoD played every time you blew someone up

Oh dont worry, Im not worried.
One of my projects is sending me to the next PAX, so Im doing alright.

More on that later.

dumb furry

dragging my mouse back into the screen every time i want to turn 30 degrees is a bit of a hastle

edit: just fell out of the map, that was interesting..
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 06:09:38 AM by EcstaticEggplant »

In highschool I had to make a game in gamemaker for a media class and after we turned it in the teacher played everyone's games in front of the class, and somehow he managed to break the game in every possible way it could be broken within like 10 seconds of starting the first level

Oh and he also failed me because he didn't believe I made it myself lol

Really easy (move close to the wall to get all the side rocks then just jump in for the final middle rock) and you can also climb the wall at certain points. The sensitivity of the turning is too stiff as well.

But I suppose this doesn't matter since you're just picking up brown townytics data. Still, not a bad endeavor.

Also the player character looks like he's piss scared from that rat creature
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 09:40:16 AM by Marios »

Yeah, In retrospect the camera sensitivity should have been cranked up some.

This is basically Chip's Challenge with strange camera controls