Author Topic: WIP Civil War TDM  (Read 2071 times)

Anyone remember this civil war TDM I hosted for a day or two? Me neither.

I'm going to be putting one online pretty soon.  I figured I'd share some preview pictures for the build as of now.  Keep in note this is NOT the final product.  Believe it or not, I didn't cut corners for once.

Keep in the mind that I will add more detail later on.

Also, sorry for the pagestretch.

Are the muskets realistic?

Yes.  Look for the thread in General.

Not sure if this is true or not, but I think only WWI used trenches in warfare. Just saying

Not sure if this is true or not, but I think only WWI used trenches in warfare. Just saying
Actually trenches were kinda big part of ww2 and is still part of modern combat

My advice is to make the build larger, use slayer to make an interesting gamemode (such as capture points), and if you want to have any vehicles, use modter bricks for the terrain.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 06:47:05 PM by Farad »

Those aren't trenches.  I'm lazy with terrain, so I tried to make them look elevated.

No they're not.
They might be the closest thing you'll get and they are pretty well made but they won't suit this period of time as they are flintlocks which were used until the early 1830s.
At the beginning of the civil war however which took place in 1861-65 they already used the more reliable caplocks.

The Civil War had trench warfare, which caused the U.S. to avoid trench warfare as policy in WW1.

The Civil War had trench warfare, which caused the U.S. to avoid trench warfare as policy in WW1.
At Gettysburg I saw no trenches at all

you gotta go and dig some holes in random places then you will see the trenches

Civil War did have some trench warfare. Some of the old Civil War forts in Georgia had trenches as well as tunnels. A-lot of the time those tunnels would hold ammo caches and other artillery meant for the cannons that were posted on the hills. So while there was trench warfare there was also tunnel warfare.

Few years back I went on a tour of the Eastern parts of the U.S. and so I had the chance to see a-lot of the Civil War forts. Really amazing history.

As far as your map goes, it's very bland and basic. I'd definitely suggest working on adding variation to the terrain. You say you're lazy with terrain which makes the idea of making a Civil War TDM a little impractical considering a large chunk of the battles were away from forts and cities and were mainly in the wildlands. So as fun as the idea of a Civil War TDM goes, I don't think you should continue this project if you say you're lazy with terrain. Unless you plan to practice with terrain.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 07:36:00 PM by Aplem »