help we're trapped in blender

Author Topic: help we're trapped in blender  (Read 11882 times)

cute, what micro-tonal song is that?
it's from Mario Paint

it would be cool af to have a modeling server, but that's way too far-fetched probably
also what song did you use in the video, i like it

Dang, this is the first time I've come back to the forums in years and seen some stuff that's actually looked p cool

Make it so you can export .dts and .blb from blockland with this lol

I swear if this never gets released I will kick your dog so hard you'll feel pain.

I swear if this never gets released I will kick your dog so hard you'll feel pain.
This isn't necessarily real

??? you really think they somehow edited that 5 minute video to show them moving around and modifying the shapes?

Make it so you can export .dts and .blb from blockland with this lol

.blb would be possible, but .dts isn't.  TorqueScript has no way to write binary files that contain a 0x00 byte, because TorqueScript only supports writing text to files.  Since Torque uses C-style null-terminated strings, it's impossible for the text you write to a file to contain a 0x00 byte, because that would be the end of the string rather than part of it.  The .dts file format contains 0x00 bytes, and indeed the second byte is almost always a 0x00 byte, so there's absolutely no way to create a valid .dts file from native TorqueScript.

HOLY loving stuff, WHAT THE ACTUAL forget IS THIS BLACK MAGIC. AM I ON loving DRUGS?

The server is now open, but I'm likely to be restarting the server or clearing the world without any warning. Anything you make here is transitory at best.

I'm also likely to be AFK working a lot of the time and will be unable to explain anything. If you're familiar with Blender, the controls shouldn't be too unintuitive - the main thing is that crouching acts as a modifier key most of the time; for selecting it acts like shift and for transform tools it acts like control.

These are the server commands, with brackets notating optional components:
To change tools: /t[ranslate] /r[otate] /s[cale]
To add primitives: /cube /cylinder /cone /sphere /plane
To change your selection's color: /c[olor] r g b [a]
To smooth-shade: /shade 1 (0 to flat-shade)

oh its real alright. its not terribly difficult either - the only thing im not sure how they did was detecting the direction one drags the arrows/scaler

oh its real alright. its not terribly difficult either - the only thing im not sure how they did was detecting the direction one drags the arrows/scaler

That wasn't terribly difficult either, nor was detecting the direction one is dragging the rotate tool.  But it's still a fun thing to play around in.