Author Topic: help we're trapped in blender  (Read 11886 times)

??? you really think they somehow edited that 5 minute video to show them moving around and modifying the shapes?
you act like this is nearly impossible it'd be a lot of work yes but it's totally possible
I also didn't say "No, this isn't real" I said that it MIGHT not be real

it could be possible that the whole shape moving and resizing is scripted (in the sense of it being automatically done) and that they are just going through the motions, just trying to play the devil's advocate here
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:57:51 PM by 16-Bit »

So why is everyone acting so stupid here?

- this is obviously not a fake video.
- this isn't revolutionary or even that complicated. Its just a bunch of static shapes being moved around.

seems pretty fake to me
- this isn't revolutionary or even that complicated. Its just a bunch of static shapes being moved around.
hasn't been done before

join the server lol, it's not fake at all

plus static shapes being resized and moved around more than likely has been done before (besides what was in the video)
take port's new brick tool, it resizes a static shape from the distance of you and your target
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 09:24:35 PM by Hawt »

Static shapes being resized and moved around was done in v0002.

What is this Witchcraft? How does this exist?

OT: That's really creative.

So why is everyone acting so stupid here?

At the time I made the post there was nothing proving it was real or not. As someone else said, it could've been pre-scripted.
By clicking and dragging on things? And with correct collisions when rotated? I thought the collisions thing was an engine issue that couldn't be fixed.

anyways someone built me a house while I was AFK
thanks mystery person

anyways someone built me a house while I was AFK
thanks mystery person
wat

collisions are fine rotated, they just arent as vehicle-proof if so

clicking and dragging is relatively trivial - just fire a raycast and see what static shape it hits to detect what arrow or object someone is looking at

That's why I said "I thought."
The staticshapes in the Advanced VCE Holo Events can't be rotated or the collisions stop working entirely. I forget who told me this was a problem with the engine.

hasn't been done before

I posted an add-on that involves moving static shapes around four and a half years ago.  People were doing it long before that.  In v0002, all bricks were static shapes, and you could even scale them freely.

It's been done before.

can this be released already? i'm dying to try it out >~<

WHAT MAGIC IS THIS??!