Author Topic: [NEWS] Puerto Rico votes in favor of becoming 51st state  (Read 1702 times)

Quote from: sources
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-puertorico-debt-vote-idUSKBN19204O

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/09/us/puerto-rico-statehood-vote-2017/index.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/amid-historically-low-turnout-puerto-ricans-vote-statehood-n770801

among the 23% of eligible voters who cast their ballot, 97% voted YES to statehood. a boycott was underway against the movement, hence the low turnout, but this referendum marks a possible leap in an adjustment to the american flag. or not.

it's no secret that if puerto rico became a state that it would be democrat, however, it IS part of the republican platform to admit puerto rico as a state -- and being the dominant party to do so might sway the island towards the right. whatever the case may be, it's up to the senate to either reject this referendum (due to the low turnout not being representative of the territory's wishes) or accept it (and begin statehood proceedings).

AYE i support this. good for them since they'd actually have representation. next up, guam and the virgin islands.

how about we loving bomb those spics instead

more states more fun
my boy pedro will be happy to hear the news
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 09:19:56 PM by Daswiruch »

I dont see any reason not to tbh
Let em be democrats if they want, it'd give the current administration and the stuffty republicans in office some leeway in 2018 anyway

sorry but 51 stars on the flag just won't work
can we execute texas to fix this? also for guam and virgin islands we should ditch florida and california

can we execute texas to fix this? also for guam and virgin islands we should ditch florida and california

it actually looks quite nice

I'd rather we drop alabama and mississippi and admit DC since they voted for statehood, too

we'd increase the national IQ by like 15 points and keep the 50 state flag

it actually looks quite nice
there is no way there's gonna be a star in those left corners. ill see to it myself if a decision isn't made properly
I'd rather we drop alabama and mississippi and admit DC since they voted for statehood, too

we'd increase the national IQ by like 15 points and keep the 50 state flag
oh yea but i still want to take out florida and texas at least

merge mississippi and alabama into a conglomerate called trucknutistan and then admit puerto rico

lets get rid of 15 more states while we're at it so we can get this flag back

lets get rid of 15 more states while we're at it so we can get this flag back

Should add a K to commemorate our eternal president Freek.

Great, another state for our corrupt president Donald Annoying Orange to ruin. Is this what America wants?

Should add a K to commemorate our eternal president Freek.
can we get enough states to add two more 'k's

merge mississippi and alabama into a conglomerate called trucknutistan and then admit puerto rico
please dont force us to be with mississippi