Author Topic: Admin Stealth Observing  (Read 4440 times)

You read that right! After years in time and dozens in people continuously asking for a 100% stealthy Spy feature, here it is! It was kind of troubling, but it's here nevertheless.

Now you can finally do administration the right way!

Features
  • Use the Spy feature to reliably spy upon the entire server
  • Catch wrongdoers red-handed and asleep
  • Nobody will ever see "1 observer" looking down on them again
  • Non-admin spectators in minigames will still be visible, without completely disabling observer count
  • Allow only Super Admins or the Host to stealth observe, if needed
  • Make admins invisible spectators in minigames, if you really really want to
  • Stealth observation is logged to console unless disabled
  • Minor optimization to the default observer functions, unnoticable but should account for the additions to it
  • Fully compatible with any other addons that use aforementioned functions
  • Loads of comments in the source, for some laughs, seeing how an addon works or being utterly confused by the technicalities
  • Make Orwell's nightmare come true
  • Dang that's a lot of features in two kilobytes

Preferences
  • Rank Required to Stealth ($StealthObserving::Rank): Admin, Super Admin or Host (default: Admin)
  • Can Stealth in Minigame ($StealthObserving::InMinigame): True/False (default: False) [False means that if both admin and observed are in the same minigame, don't hide]
  • Log Stealth Observation ($StealthObserving::LogToConsole): True/False (default: True)

Download (2.38KB)
From Dropbox.
From Blockland Glass.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:24:16 AM by Marios »

loving amazing dude, keep it up.

someone made this a very long time ago right after observer was added to the game. (it was the speed kart update that brought it i think.)

cool that you made some preferences for it so for that i give you a 1+

someone made this a very long time ago right after observer was added to the game. (it was the speed kart update that brought it i think.)

Really? From what I know nobody got an addon that truly hides admin observations when they asked for it (and it was asked for a lot). You must be talking about an addon that removes the observer count entirely.

you might be thinking of https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=253667.0

This is good use of source code instead of dumb packages in case another add-on for whatever reason uses these (pretty sure my randomizer packages these functions for bottomprint display)