Author Topic: Red goes to New York  (Read 5559 times)

For the purpose of performing in orchestra to show talent in Carnegie Hall, I will be visiting New York today and will stay until Monday afternoon. Two things that excite me is that one- I never flew in a plane in my entire life (16.5 years)- and two- this is my first time going to a different state, a new climate, a new timezone, a new thrill. This thread will be here to keep you guys updated on what I'll be doing in New York; however, any of you guys who live in New York are most likely not going to see me nor communicate in any way besides the forums since we have a rule where we cannot negotiate with strangers.

To start this, I have a log of what I am at this point:

6/15/17 (3:20 am) - I have left my household to go on my way to an airport, where the orchestra will be. My face is unable to stop itself from grinning at this point, nor can any words express my emotions enough.
(3:47 am) - I have made it to the airport, you won't hear any more news from me until I land.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 03:52:51 AM by Redconer »

Sounds very cool! I've always wanted to go to New York. It must be amazing to be even performing there at an establishment like Carnegie Hall. Have fun on the plane and stuff.

new York is alright
pretty eh overall though from what I've seen of it, but then again I don't enjoy shopping

the m&ms and hersheys stores are pretty cool though, if you're near times square

edit: never actually been to NY in the summer, only in the winter
I'm guessing it's brutal when it's a hot day

new York is alright
pretty eh overall though from what I've seen of it, but then again I don't enjoy shopping

the m&ms and hersheys stores are pretty cool though, if you're near times square

edit: never actually been to NY in the summer, only in the winter
I'm guessing it's brutal when it's a hot day
It can get brutal before it's even summer! These last few days have been 70 and up, with some cooler days sprinkled around because it is still spring

But once it actually is summer, i expect temperatures over 100 degrees this year

how are you enjoying america

i can't believe they're letting a living anime character play at carnegie hall

9:40 am (its actually 10:40 am at the time) - I am here

watch out for the crack addicts. i went there last year with my school and another school for a tour and a crackhead barged into the restaurant we were eating at in times square and started screaming "I SUCK richard FOR CRACK." and then after we finished touring the empire state building, a drunk tried to pick a fight with one of the 8th graders for no reason at all

It can get brutal before it's even summer! These last few days have been 70 and up, with some cooler days sprinkled around because it is still spring
70? brutal? boi

if you end up going to brooklyn i can suggest some bomb ass food places to try

70? brutal? boi
Alright, it's not "brutal", but it is fairly warm, i prefer 60-70 degree temperatures

ConeChamp
Make it happen, Twitch!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 06:16:54 PM by Masterlegodude »

Apologies for not posting in a while, I'll sum up the first day of the trip since my phone was dead. When we arrived at our hotels after a painful bus ride in the dense traffic, we dropped our luggage in and went off to lunch. Our group chose various pizza pies, and each of us splitting the cash to pay. Returning back to our hotels after a few hours, everyone proceeded to have an italian dinner, which we all enjoyed. Once dinner was done, we all went to watch Wicked: The Musical that went on for at leasf an hour, a play that was hilariously thrilling.

Now I'm awake with my friends, we were dumb enough to leave the AC at 65°F.

take the sub
We will take the subway at some point, but it depends on where we go.
if you end up going to brooklyn i can suggest some bomb ass food places to try
We are at around Time Square, so bring it on.