I've been living in Malawi, one of the poorest countries for the past year, AMA.

Author Topic: I've been living in Malawi, one of the poorest countries for the past year, AMA.  (Read 4330 times)

What was only meant to be a two month trip to save the orphans in Malawi, Southern Africa, the trip turned out to be a year after I was hired by the backpackers lodge I was staying in. The lodge I was managing is the biggest in the country, and with 0 in my bank account, and nobody I knew in the entire country, I had a fresh start at life.
As the manager, I had 30 members of staff, a restaurant, bar, lounge, rooms, camping space, and pool to manage.

I had very limited internet access, at £2/GB and pretty slow speeds. I also only had my laptop with me and didn't play many computer games over this entire time. Instead, I spent a lot of time outside, building different things (a motorcross track, knives, wooden sculptures). I also drank a lot and smoked a lot of weed.
After only being paid $300 a month (which is a lot of money in Malawi), I started to sell weed where I would be pushing 2-3 ounces a day. I soon became one of the biggest drug dealers in the country, completely by accident.
As I didn't have the correct visa, I was also working illegally, and had many occasions of nearly being caught by the police.

I've returned back to England to continue my game design degree, which I will finish in two years.

AMA.

Congrats to successfully becoming a kingpin and making it out.

Congrats to successfully becoming a kingpin and making it out.

I've been wondering where you were. Of all things, you were selling drugs to poor people... welcome back!

THIRD WORLD DRUG DEALER SUCCESS STORY

How do third world countries have drug sell bricks?

how are you not dead yet

I've been wondering where you were. Of all things, you were selling drugs to poor people... welcome back!
Actually sold to expats/tourists/volunteers.

How do third world countries have drug sell bricks?
Planted my own bricks master hacker/admin abuse.

ooga booga go back to africa was it hot & would you recommend someone to go there

did you take any cool pictures

you invited to the barbecue, big ups
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 06:40:56 PM by RedGajin »

how did u communicate with savages?!?!1