Author Topic: Connection issues on a server I was able to get on before.  (Read 2947 times)

My friend didn't host yesterday. I'll update if he does today, and it works/doesn't.

If you can't connect to 90% of the servers that's a major problem with your router, or even your ISP.

I wasn't able to connect today. I feel like this is some Blockland related issue now, considering the problem is spreading. I hope somebody finds out how to fix it, or it is fixed.

Kyuande I don't know if you are neglecting to realize something here or if you just don't understand, but the problem does NOT revolve around just my router or our routers for that matter; the issue is spreading across the game to multiple people. so don't act like it's a small issue with someone not knowing how to reset a router or restart a pc. The problem is obviously related to Blockland's master server if this many people are having issues. Thus the question(s) now being, how can we fix it? if we can't fix it, do we just have to wait? and if we have to wait then for how long? I've had NO issues up until 2-3 days ago; around the same time roughly 6 friends of mine had the same issue arise. I have restarted my router a few times, I have port-forward twice to make sure it was correctly set up, I have even reinstalled the game. Nothing. Is. Working. So I say until someone has a solid idea on what is wrong or how to actually fix this; people need to just sit back and do some research into it, rather than spout the same BS over and over when it obviously will not solve the issue nor explain what the issue currently is.

Kyuande I don't know if you are neglecting to realize something here or if you just don't understand, but the problem does NOT revolve around just my router or our routers for that matter; the issue is spreading across the game to multiple people. so don't act like it's a small issue with someone not knowing how to reset a router or restart a pc. The problem is obviously related to Blockland's master server if this many people are having issues. Thus the question(s) now being, how can we fix it? if we can't fix it, do we just have to wait? and if we have to wait then for how long? I've had NO issues up until 2-3 days ago; around the same time roughly 6 friends of mine had the same issue arise. I have restarted my router a few times, I have port-forward twice to make sure it was correctly set up, I have even reinstalled the game. Nothing. Is. Working. So I say until someone has a solid idea on what is wrong or how to actually fix this; people need to just sit back and do some research into it, rather than spout the same BS over and over when it obviously will not solve the issue nor explain what the issue currently is.
I'm not neglecting anything, it may not be Blockland's fault if other people are port forwarding their servers and not having the issue you are experiencing, especially when '90%' of the servers don't have a ping/cannot connect. I'm not spouting anything, I don't know what is causing your connection problem. I haven't had any of these issues before, and I have port forwarded. People can connect to my servers just fine.

My only guess is the matchmaker may not be up which CAN be a cause of some servers not able to resolve IPs for people to connect. To fix this, you have to PM Badspot to see if the matchmaker is running or not. I'm not sure at all if the matchmaker is up or down. If it is not the matchmaker, it has to do something not involving Blockland if it was working before; before guessing that it is Blockland we have to figure out of the matchmaker is down. If it is, that's probably the problem. If it is not the problem, it has to be something with your computer/router/ISP. I've seen other people experience this before so I'm not trying to pull any information out of my ass.

this stuff happens every so often and every single time port forwarding or fiddling with router settings fixes the issue

this stuff happens every so often and every single time port forwarding or fiddling with router settings fixes the issue
They appear to be futile actions considering our results.

What is "matchmaker?"
In terms of the definition in my words, Matchmaker is a server that helps point the traffic to the correct address. If this is down, sometimes the traffic may not go to the correct address (possibly invalid). Pretty sure almost every game has something like this to make sure everyone can connect to the address.

Here is a topic from a problem before from matchmaker: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=309088.0

I sent Badspot a PM and he replied that he will restart the matchmaker. Try hosting sometime and see if your server can get a ping.

if the matchmaker is down, I think connecting directly by IP should still work

if the matchmaker is down, I think connecting directly by IP should still work
When you connect to a server you'll see a list of 'possible' IPs the user can connect to, not sure if it's still an attempt to be a direct connect

Thanks for PMing him, Kyuande. I'll see if it works when Vault is back online.

I am extremely happy to report that I'm able to connect now. Thank you so much for helping.