Author Topic: Blockland Steam glitch/bug - Blocklands running when its not  (Read 1018 times)

A bug i've been experiencing on the steam version of blockland is as follows:

Whenever I close out of Blockland, steam assumes I'm still playing it even though it's not even running.

BEFORE YOU POST:
  • I am aware that Steam does this for games often, and you're able to go to task manager to close out of them. In this case, Blockland IS NOT THERE.
  • You have to force-close steam (task manager) to fix the error. Playing Blockland and closing it does the same error.
  • Verifying game cache on steam does not work.
  • Installing, reinstalling does not fix the problem. - This goes for steam AND Blockland.

How to Reproduce:
  • Run Blockland
  • Force Blockland to shut down, via crashing it (quit(); in console), alt f4'ing, or other means
  • Run Blockland again, close out again.
  • Should be borked???????????????

Not sure how to fix it. Tried just about everything.

this has happened to me with several games in the past, and even closing steam on task manager doesn't fix it
if anyone knows one it'd be great to know

I've done the "how to reproduce" section for a few games in the past and the glitch seems to happen at random. It's probably an issue with Steam.

this probably happens to me 3 times a day lol

don't play steam version

if only everyone made help topics formatted like this

It's more of steam's fault, I get this on Terraria and Starbound randomly on rare occasions

To fix this is stupid but seems to work every time I try it:
  1. Boot your PC into "Safe Mode", whatever you do, avoid opening steam
  2. Find where steam is, and go into: Steam\SteamApps\temp (usually this is empty anyway)
     2a. Delete all files inside the 'temp' folder
  3. Empty recycle bin if you want to make sure it's gone for good
  4. Restart into normal mode