Author Topic: What's the best way to edit a .gif without ruining its timing?  (Read 473 times)

I used GIMP to edit such gif (didn't touch the timing, just edited each of the frames), but the timing the frames change in the new gif are slower than the old one. Am I doing something wrong or is there a better way?

maybe you can use ASESprite old version to adjust it

or use some sort of online gif editor

i know in photoshop, setting the timing to zero just puts the timing to some really choppy speed, but setting it to 0.03 sets it to the fastest speed possible

for me, gimp usually puts the time in ms in all of the layer's names and I just set it to that when I export, unless it's not doing that for you

for me, gimp usually puts the time in ms in all of the layer's names and I just set it to that when I export, unless it's not doing that for you

Yeah, the ms in the editor seem about right but when I compare the source and the edited version, the shortest delays seem to be longer in the edited version (the ones in the area of 30-70ms). Maybe it's just me.

Yeah, the ms in the editor seem about right but when I compare the source and the edited version, the shortest delays seem to be longer in the edited version (the ones in the area of 30-70ms). Maybe it's just me.

you ticked this option too right?