[Sound] Vehicle Startups + Vehicle Startups HD (Now on Glass!)

Author Topic: [Sound] Vehicle Startups + Vehicle Startups HD (Now on Glass!)  (Read 5690 times)

Are you tired of that mundane "click" when entering a vehicle?
Do you wish you could hear its mighty engine?
Well, now you can! (Events sold seperately)

This mod includes twelve sounds, all made in Automation with fmod:

startup_3cyl.wav - An inline 3 engine starting up. Works well for motorcycles and almost sounds like a 4 cylinder so also it works ok with Filipe's Kei Cars and Hachiroku.
startup_4cyl.wav - An inline 4 engine starting up. Works great for small cars.
startup_4cyl_turbo.wav - A turbocharged inline 4 engine starting up. Works well for small sports cars and tuners.
startup_6cyl.wav - A V6 engine starting up. Works well with normal cars like Teneksi's Capital '93.
startup_6cyl_turbo.wav - A turbochared V6 engine starting up. A bit of a niche, but should work well with the Lozere and other small, sporty coupes.
startup_6cyl2.wav - An inline 6 engine starting up. Works great with any German car as well as the Reaper.
startup_6cyl2_turbo.wav - A turbocharged inline 6 engine starting up. Works amazing with the Reaper.
startup_8cyl.wav -  A V8 engine starting up. Works great with big muscle cars and pickups.
(NEW!) startup_8cyl2.wav - A flatplane V8 engine starting up. Works great for Ferrari-like cars.
(NEW!) startup_8cyl2_turbo.wav - A turbocharged flatplane V8 engine starting up. A little weird, but if you want a turbocharged Ferrari, here you go.
startup_10cyl.wav - A V10 engine starting up. Works great with supercars.
startup_10cyl_turbo.wav - A turbocharged V10 engine starting up. Nothing really fits this except F1 cars.
startup_12cyl.wav - A V12 engine starting up. Works great with supercars.
startup_12cyl_turbo.wav - A turbocharged V12 engine starting up. Pretty much exclusive to hypercars.

(OUTDATED) Download old version (Glass)

HD sounds now available(!!!)
Download HD sounds (Glass)
This new version uses sounds ripped straight from GTA V, so they sound a lot better. There's also a diesel sound. I'm not sure if I'll update it with anything unless it breaks or doesn't work.

Comes with:
Aggresive, ripped from the XA-21
Banshee, ripped from the Banshee
Boxer, ripped from the Sultan RS
Funnycar, ripped from the Marshall monster truck
Hypercar, ripped from the X80 Proto
Vintage, ripped from the Casco (and also technically the Stirling GT)
Diesel, ripped from the Phantom
And much more!

DISCLAIMER: To make any of these actually trigger when you enter a vehicle, you NEED Vehicle Events!
Wrench a vehicle spawn, then in Events, put in
Code: [Select]
onVehicleEnter > Client > playSound > startup_whatever/startupHD_whatever
Special thanks to Badspot for making the Phone Sounds addon that I used to make these
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 02:02:11 AM by Sideswipe »

Awesome, if only there could be a proper engine support add-on for vehicles to make everything better

Y U No V10 Sounds?

Seriously though this is a much needed add-on. Great job!

This is a really cool addon on, but I have a question:
With my racetrack I am currently building each garage gives players 12 options for different vehicles ranging from the F1 to the Raptor to the Cronus (V12, V8, 4cyl), would it be possible to event it so when a vehicle is selected via the button by a player that it changes start up sound?
If not, are you able to add this?

All we need now is an addon that implements acceleration, deceleration and gear shift noises. Heck maybe it adds in gear changing so you can actually change gears in the vehicle you are driving, and maybe you could select Manual or Automatic.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just throughing this out there.

EDIT: Also I noticed something, the stat up sounds are a little quite, especially the V12 Turbo and V6 (and turbo version). My master volume in game is at max and I still struggle to hear them the V12 Turbo and V6 versions. And is it possible to make the sound come from the vehicle? Cause if you get in and drive away you wont hear it, the noise will stay where the vehicle was. Also why is there a 6cly.wav.wav? It doesn't do anything.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 06:58:26 PM by Rolfey95 »

Good idea, the turbo sounds fake as fuc thougj

Update - added V10 sounds and fixed startup_6cyl.wav!

Update - added V10 sounds and fixed startup_6cyl.wav!

Thank you.
Also I kinda found a way around my previous question, I just made it so the sound plays when you select the vehicle instead of when you get in it.
Can you maybe make the V12 Turbo a little louder? Again even on max volume they are difficult to hear. Now that you can hear both 6cyl versions it makes sense to have a quite and loud version.

Otherwise, awesome addon and thank you for updating!
(Maybe get it on glass so updating is easier?)

Edit: Actually I just noticed something, I am not sure if it's meant to be there but for the V6 Turbo 1, 4cyl Turbo and the V10 Turbo there seems to be a sorta "tearing" noise, like a sharp cut off or something. It's not a very pleasant noise.

Another Edit:The V12 Turbo also has a sudden cut off but because it is so quite it isn't as unpleasant, but still noticable.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 07:44:40 PM by Rolfey95 »

Edit: Actually I just noticed something, I am not sure if it's ment MEANT to be there but for the V6 Turbo 1, 4cyl Turbo and the V10 Turbo there seems to be a sorta "tearing" noise, like a sharp cut off or something. It's not a very pleasant noise.
That's the blow-off valve of the turbo.

This is a really cool addon on, but I have a question:
With my racetrack I am currently building each garage gives players 12 options for different vehicles ranging from the F1 to the Raptor to the Cronus (V12, V8, 4cyl), would it be possible to event it so when a vehicle is selected via the button by a player that it changes start up sound?
If not, are you able to add this?

And is it possible to make the sound come from the vehicle? Cause if you get in and drive away you wont hear it, the noise will stay where the vehicle was.
No, I can't add that, but you can event that with shiftEventEnabled. To make the sound follow you around as you drive, set the target to Client instead of Self. The only problem is that when you set the target to Client, only you can hear it and nobody else. There is a mod that allows you to play sounds on players, but it doesn't seem to work if you're in a vehicle.

No, I can't add that, but you can event that with shiftEventEnabled. To make the sound follow you around as you drive, set the target to Client instead of Self. The only problem is that when you set the target to Client, only you can hear it and nobody else. There is a mod that allows you to play sounds on players, but it doesn't seem to work if you're in a vehicle.

A bit of a bummer but oh well, worth the ask. I have already made it so when you select the vehicle via the button (Eg. Cronus) it makes the start up noise (V6 Turbo). Thanks anyway.

Amazing. Can we get a heavy 8 cylinder diesel startup for trucks and crap like that? Also you could probably rip some code (with proper credit ofc) from the F18 or A10 from strato to have this on a per-vehicle basis as those both use startup sounds when the player gets in.

mind if you find a sound for something heavy like tanks and such

No train? Diesel truck? Large generator?