Server_AmbientSound (Server Music)

Author Topic: Server_AmbientSound (Server Music)  (Read 2964 times)

Server_AmbientMusic is an  Addon which allows the Admins and Hosters to play Music in a simplified way by means of Graphical interface.

Example usage:

DOWNLOAD
 :cookieMonster: :cookie: :cookieMonster: :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 10:53:00 AM by FelipeO_O_ »

uh, where is ambtext being used? it's initiated in server.cs but it's not being used in either cs files. most guitext stuff belongs in client.cs not server.cs

funny how any admin could set the music any time regardless if they have the gui or not (simple code edits)

it's pretty much like a server music add-on except it's just easier when setting an environment

there's nothing wrong with the "ambtext" thing, it is being right there.

in regards to "setting the music at anytime regardless of Gui". I already hardcoded the command so that noone uses it by chance.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 05:15:05 PM by FelipeO_O_ »

there's nothing wrong with the "ambtext" thing, it is being right there.
It doesn't belong in server.cs. The only person who will see that text is the person hosting non-dedicated. If an admin used this and came to the server they would only see the music menu box, not the text. That's where I am getting at. If you are adding new gui stuff in server.cs only the person hosting non-dedicated will see it, no one else will see that gui object. Put them in client.cs.

in regards to "setting the music at anytime regardless of Gui". I already hardcoded the command so that noone uses it by chance.
I am saying that an admin or higher could just do /setMusic blah and it'll work.

The gif shows the button right where the static maps button is. Does it interfere with it? I am too lazy to test it myself.

i dont think so. if it does you must disable it then.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 03:06:15 PM by FelipeO_O_ »

hey, that's pretty good.

updated with small fixes and improvements

Seems pretty useful, thanks for making this.

Code: [Select]
function disconnect()
{
      schedule(500, 0,killambenv);
      return Parent::disconnect();
}

you are missing the argument on your packaged disconnect function

Code: [Select]
function disconnect(%x)
{
      schedule(500, 0,killambenv);
      return Parent::disconnect(%x);
}
it should look like this, failing to do so will cause your addon to break core blockland functionality of gamemode changing reconnects

Ops i  missed it.

Done. fixed.

Nice, now we can reduce the brickcount by 1!

srsly this is pretty nice i downloaded it c: