Author Topic: MinuteOnly Chat - the add-on no one ever wanted but got made anyway [spam fixed]  (Read 3713 times)

MinuteOnly Chat
i don't regret this

This wonderful and revolutionary piece of software
keeps the server chat tidy by restricting it to one
message for a minimum of one minute.

Since this is server-sided, the first person to send a
message will lock the chat for one minute until
another message is sent.

⬇ Download ⬇

in reality that's just me fiddling with torquescript as I learn it, thanks to Clay Hanson for the help on the blockland API

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 03:32:50 PM by Vitawrap »

i can go on a server that has this addon, make a schedule that chats something every 33 ms. Every minute i will be the first person to reserve the chat for the next minute by like 33 ms

i know this is you testing torquescript but honestly this is close to crap-on worthy. its super exploitable and will only be downloaded by people who intentionally want to decrease the quality of their server

This would actually be useful if it was one minute timeout per client but rn I don't see a use.

This would actually be useful if it was one minute timeout per client but rn I don't see a use.
It's not? wtf

Chat delays are used for OOC in RP servers in any game, but they definitely aren't one minute.

This could be used as a joke addon for joke servers but it would be way too boring as only 15 people max can talk in 15 minutes. So yeah, this is useful only for personal practice.

It's not? wtf
its a minute per everyone so if one person chats no one else can chat for a full minute

also code should be formatted like this

Code: [Select]
package minuteonlychat
{
function serverCmdMessageSent(%client, %message)
{
if (getsimTime()-$MinuteOnly::lastmsg >= $MinuteOnly::msmin)
{
$MinuteOnly::lastmsg = getsimTime();
Parent::serverCmdMessageSent(%client, %message);
}
else
{
messageclient(%client, '', "\c3You need to wait a minute to talk again.");
}
}
};

Activatepackage(minuteonlychat);

theres no reason for having that very badly named checkTime function

Idk, it's a really good concept except for when attention whores don't give productive people a chance to speak. Could you do a version on a client basis?

i can go on a server that has this addon, make a schedule that chats something every 33 ms. Every minute i will be the first person to reserve the chat for the next minute by like 33 ms

fixed this

its a joke addon, christ lol

fixed this
except you didn't because the spam filter is easy to get around

Make this per-client based, add a preference to control the max amount of lines a client can send every $MinuteOnly::msmin and make it so the restrictions do not apply to admins.

its a joke addon, christ lol

This could be used as a joke addon for joke servers but it would be way too boring as only 15 people max can talk in 15 minutes. So yeah, this is useful only for personal practice.