Author Topic: Checkpoints not remaining saved on server restart/brick deletion  (Read 1344 times)

With player persistence enabled, players' checkpoints in my server are saved in the sense that they can leave and re-join and it will be saved.
But if I delete a checkpoint brick and reload it, or restart the server, that checkpoint won't be saved.
How can I make checkpoints always save in these situations?

if i recall correctly the player persistence system should remember those cases, as long as the checkpoint is in the exact same spot and direction. will have to check though.

basically you should test if it does work like that on a fully vanilla server: if not then someone will have to edit the mod for you so it does support that

I tried it again and it still didn't work.

Thank you anyway.

if i recall correctly the player persistence system should remember those cases, as long as the checkpoint is in the exact same spot and direction. will have to check though.
the location will be saved when the player leaves

yea the checkpoints will not remember your location after brick deletion/restart, someone will have to make that a thing for it to work

would be nice if someone did a checkpoint saving thing

would be nice if someone did a checkpoint saving thing
Player persistence does this.
This also saves checkpoints, it might even do it after a server restart.

Though I doubt there is any saver that keeps a checkpoint even after the brick is deleted. Just doesn't work that way.

Well thanks for the imput, Blockhead31735. But it seems to be the same as player persistence: Checkpoint is not saved on brick deletion and re-loading. What if I host a challenge server and don't want it to be dedicated 24/7?

When you say deletion, do you mean server closes and sometime later you restart, and the saves don't work? Or do you mean you broke the checkpoint but you still want it to save whoever stepped on it? The latter won't work.

If you want to have some system to save players level or stage they're in, you could assign them a variable that increases each level they pass, so when they join they can just tp to the level they left off on. It's not the prettiest system, but it works.

Alternatively, you could use this: http://orbs.daprogs.com/rtb/forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewFile14a6.html
It'd let players save their checkpoint to wherever they get. I don't know what you're planning though, so you might have problems with players saving when you don't want them to save or people being dumb and forgetting to save then getting angry.

I'd personally go with the variable saver.

Ah that's weird. Don't use checkpoints a lot so can't say how they work too well. I'd ask around people that host challenge servers and see what they do. If can't find anything would go with the variable saver.

player persistence does keep checkpoints on server restart