Author Topic: Strange fullscreen issues  (Read 1076 times)

I know the title is a little ambiguous, but here

The game is displaying only a portion of the screen, the screenshot isn't cropped, that's actually what it looks like, my mouse can't go past the bounds of the screen. This is on the non steam version (I was trying it cause the steam version crashes on fullscreen), whenever I try and go fullscreen at 1080p this happens, and also the framerate goes down by about half and everything gets super stuttery? (even though shadowplay says it's at about 600fps or so)

I already checked the console and the prefs.cs, it is at 1080p 60hz, so I dunno whats going on.

And yes for forgets sake, my drivers are up to date

Specs if necessary: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Razer-Blade-2016-Notebook-Review.186751.0.html (yeah that's overkill but I'm too lazy to copy and paste them)

seems like it's a problem with the ratio - reminds me of those older tvs that have the screen a bit cut off from certain games or tv shows, i'm not sure how to exactly fix it but i'm sure a few google searches could help

I just noticed in the console that when I switch back to my desktop, it thinks it's 1536x864x32 (32 is color depth I'm assuming?)

seems like it's a problem with the ratio - reminds me of those older tvs that have the screen a bit cut off from certain games or tv shows, i'm not sure how to exactly fix it but i'm sure a few google searches could help
NOEDIT: I don't think it's an overscan/underscan issue cause it's only one portion of the screen that's cut off, not every corner equally. I've also dealt with those issues when plugging into a tv recently, there's nothing that I can do to fix it using underscan/overscan because 1: the display has no settings (it's a laptop) 2: my desktop and every other game is fine and 3: I don't think blockland itself has any overscan/underscan options (if it does tell me, I'll mess around with them just in case)

Well I uhh, "fixed" the steam version. So I can now play the steam version fullscreen at 1080p blah blah, but for some reason my gpu is being pushed back, I'm getting about 18-20fps on any setting, and any build. I've checked both the console and the nvidia contol panel and both say it's running on my 1060, so I dunno what the forget is going on, I've tried reinstalling multiple times for both non steam and steam versions. Either way something here is forgeted

There should be display settings..

There should be display settings..
If you mean in blockland, sure, but I already messed with all of the settings. If you mean Nvidia control panel or just windows settings in general, display settings in those apply for EVERYTHING, not just one program (as in, sure I might be able to fix blockland, but everything else including my desktop would be forgeted afterwards). Yes the Nvidia control panel does have a section where you can change the options of individual programs, but those only apply for general graphics settings, like aa, vsync, anisotropic filtering, etc. It does supposedly have a supersampling section, but that's the only thing that changes resolution or scaling (unless I'm mistaken)

weird framerate issues on the steam version were due to the current nvidia drivers being garbage, all opengl games didn't run well, I downgraded and it fixed it, and since the steam version is fine, I don't need the non steam version, locking