Author Topic: [update] lol soundcloud lives  (Read 5741 times)

UPDATE:
https://blog.soundcloud.com/2017/07/14/soundcloud-is-here-to-stay/
well that didn't last long
from the blog:
Hey everyone,

There’s an insane amount of noise about SoundCloud in the world right now. And it’s just that, noise. The music you love on SoundCloud isn’t going away, the music you shared or uploaded isn’t going away, because SoundCloud is not going away. Not in 50 days, not in 80 days or anytime in the foreseeable future. Your music is safe.

Along with each of you, we’ve built this incredible creative community of artists, podcasters, DJs, producers and more who are the driving force in pushing culture forward in the world. That’s not going to change. Last week we had to make some tough decisions to let go of some of our staff, but we did this to ensure SoundCloud remains a strong, independent company.

Thank you for the outpouring of love and support. Some of you have asked how you can help–spread the word that we’re not going anywhere and keep doing what you’re doing–creating, listening, uploading, sharing, liking, and discovering what’s new, now and next in music. SoundCloud is here to stay.

Peace,
Alex

ok we good for now

old op:

(links to the articles shown in this image:)

SoundCloud sinks as leaks say layoffs buy little time
SoundCloud Has Enough Money to Survive Only 50 Days, Report Claims
After cutting 40% of its staff, SoundCloud still reportedly only has enough money to last for 50 days

i originally heard this from friends who usually meme and joke a lot so i was initially a bit skeptical, but after looking up soundcloud it seems like they weren't kidding

damn, just, damn, i never even used soundcloud that much so that's a bummer (but, you know, soundcloud closing is a bigger bummer)

reports of this are on twitter as well, if you'd want to investigate that (image taken from discord)

/discuss

estimated time of death, assuming soundcloud doesn't get bought out (starting from yesterday): lol it lives
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:19:50 PM by Blue Screen »

Holy forget

I have a feeling it's cause they added go

wtf? clouds aren't supposed to evaporate

time to switch to traktrain

forget you soundcloud you dropped your API to roll20 and ruined my D&D playlist

oof

i dont think anyone besides wannabe rappers, stuffty standard fl studio "tech" and dubstep music makers, and music archivers think soundclown is really that important

A shocking development for the podcast industry

:(
oof

i dont think anyone besides wannabe rappers, stuffty standard fl studio "tech" and dubstep music makers, and music archivers think soundclown is really that important
you have literally no clue what youre loving talking about

oof

are you intentionally being as dense as master matthew for attention now

rip, looks like i gotta download my soundclown memes before they go away :(
this is why ads are important and you should support free services using ads to pay for the site

oof

i'm having trouble telling if this is a bait post or not because i don't think anyone could be this mentally handicapped

OT: christ i'm gonna have to rip a lot of soundclown stuff i enjoy

Oh no! The "Bruh, check out muh sound cloud" culture is on the brink of destruction!
What will they do? Go back to mix tapes!?

rip everyone i went to high school with

This loving sucks :c

Someone better buy out Soundcloud, it's my go-to music service and I love it dearly, cmon Google, do eet.

First Grooveshark and now SoundCloud, what will I use now?