Author Topic: What is Google Chrome error 0x80070057?  (Read 6196 times)

I'm on another forum and it's running slow for me. So I decided I'd try to update my Chrome browser (just in case it wasn't up to date). And it says the error in the title. Now I've been looking around and apparently it's some kind of installer error? I'm a bit skeptical about that so I'd like some second opinions on what the error is.

And before you say it. No comments with "Your first problem is using Chrome" in them. As that doesn't add anything useful to this thread. Also don't do posts similar to what this guy did below. Sure it's funny (unlike the sentence in quotation marks above this sentence) it still doesn't help.

I checked the dark web and it says you have contracted AIDS. I quickly checked on WebND and it told me "Did you mean WebMD?" so idk if that helps

Secondly: I'm running on Windows 7.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:33:15 PM by DodgeViperAcr16 »

did a quick search about the error and it's, like you said, apparently an error with the update installing

these links may help you:
Google Update installation failed with error 0x80070057 (has more replies to it, probably more info, looking into it dates it back to 2012 with 23 posts, thread is regarded as a duplicate apparently)
Egads! Installation failed. Error code: 0x80070057 (has only 2 replies by the expert replier, op of this thread hasn't replied back yet, thread is from 2015)
(both have what they call an expert reply, google chrome's help forums or google groups)

but you should probably wait for a more experienced person on here to reply to this
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:12:55 PM by Blue Screen »

Are you using Service Pack 1?  I had the same issue installing Chrome before installing Service Pack 1

I checked the dark web and it says you have contracted AIDS. I quickly checked on WebND and it told me "Did you mean WebMD?" so idk if that helps

did a quick search about the error and it's, like you said, apparently an error with the update installing

these links may help you:
Google Update installation failed with error 0x80070057 (has more replies to it, probably more info, looking into it dates it back to 2012 with 23 posts, thread is regarded as a duplicate apparently)
Egads! Installation failed. Error code: 0x80070057 (has only 2 replies by the expert replier, op of this thread hasn't replied back yet, thread is from 2015)
(both have what they call an expert reply, google chrome's help forums or google groups)

but you should probably wait for a more experienced person on here to reply to this
Thanks for the links. I find it kinda odd because I'm currently using Chrome and seemingly from what I've read it's an error in the downloading of the program (before you start using it). I may be wrong but it's weird nonetheless. Truthfully I was trying to avoid having to reinstall the whole program but looks like I don't have a choice.
Are you using Service Pack 1?  I had the same issue installing Chrome before installing Service Pack 1
Took me awhile to find it but I do indeed have Service Pack 1.

All insults aside way to find a loophole. Now can I add you as an example of what not to do. And while that may sound condescending I'm really not trying to be, I really should've been more careful and should have added more things that wouldn't help. So hey, touche and fair play.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:33:51 PM by DodgeViperAcr16 »

hackerman is hacking your browser, your firewall wasn't strong enough!!!

have you tried reinstalling the program entirely? (removing all old files of chrome and then running the installer)
the error you described seems to just be an installer issue, not of the browser.

hackerman is hacking your browser, your firewall wasn't strong enough!!!

have you tried reinstalling the program entirely? (removing all old files of chrome and then running the installer)
the error you described seems to just be an installer issue, not of the browser.

Also: "Truthfully I was trying to avoid having to reinstall the whole program but looks like I don't have a choice." So in other words no I haven't tried that yet. Although it looks I'll have to give it a go.