Author Topic: Autojet Plus  (Read 4020 times)

not going to make this topic fancy;
its an autojet that has an enhanced algorithm that causes it to be much more stable.
IN ADDITION it would keep you stationary HORIZONTALLY so that you never glide after activating autojet.
i added in a keybind that toggles whether your horizontal position is locked.

a fun thing you can try is teleporting to someone far away while autojetting and watch as you are automatically brought back precisely to where you originally were.

https://leopard.hosting/download.php?f=pmbkf

UPDATE 31/7/17
*cleaned the code which had unnecessary parts which were remnants from the (flawed) original autojet
*added jumping while under the target height into the algorithm

UPDATE 17/7/17
*bugfixs including autojet spamming console errors and not working if glass is offline (which i think is glass' fault and not mine)

UPDATE
*added a keybind where you'd automatically get autojetted to the a position above where you are looking at
*added a console command setAutojetTarget(%x, %y, %z) OR setAutojetTarget(%vector)

UPDATE
*changed the lower/raise keys to space and shift instead of a custom keybind
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 05:49:47 PM by Klarck »

addon of the year god bless

(i'm open for suggestions)
((depends on how complicated they are))
(((is there anything left to suggest?)))
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 12:06:28 PM by Klarck »

(i'm open for suggestions)
((depends on how complicated they are))
(((is there anything left to suggest?)))
i have a complicated one
stop klarck from being so cute

You, my sir, are a god.
Also, suggestion. How about a gui with adjustable up/down speeds?

Signed, Oriony  :cookieMonster:

You, my sir, are a god.
Also, suggestion. How about a gui with adjustable up/down speeds?

Signed, Oriony  :cookieMonster:
you mean going up very fast or slow or down? nah i dont think that's actually possible

maybe have the player always jump so if you auto jet in mid air while in a downward motion, if you hit the ground you don't slowing ascend, and you jump instead to ascend faster

Consider having an option to limit the directional movement speed while jets are active so that you don't drop like a rock

i might have to adjust some constants so it never overshoots the target but I'm not sure if this is possible. i should also mention that the original idea for the modified algorithm was by port and i had my own modified version of autojet where i replaced something with a code snippet he gave me for years, but only now i thought about trying to do this after remembering seeing boodlas doing this a few years ago. i had the thought that i could just change trying to move automatically unlock and when you stop moving it'll lock you in place again. suggestions are welcome.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:15:34 AM by Klarck »

maybe change the horizontal movement lock toggle keybind to just a keybind where if you're drifting off horizontally the keybind just makes you stop drifting off. the whole movement lock thing isn't easy to get used to and i usually find myself toggling it twice only for the use to keep me drifting off

maybe change the horizontal movement lock toggle keybind to just a keybind where if you're drifting off horizontally the keybind just makes you stop drifting off. the whole movement lock thing isn't easy to get used to and i usually find myself toggling it twice only for the use to keep me drifting off

the only real reason i can think of to make this work is to make the autojet automatically temporarily disable horizontal lock if you use your movement keys. i might work on that soon.

Why not have it so that if autojet is on, hitting space activates the horizontal lock as a sort of 'keep me here' button?