Author Topic: harddrive freezing issues  (Read 2624 times)

this is still an issue. and i'm loving unable to do stuff on my computer still
aaaaaAAAAAA

EDIT: it wont end
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:44:28 PM by K3k0m@n »

i still think heat or power.

something is being forcefully limited because of reasons.

i still think heat or power.

something is being forcefully limited because of reasons.
..do you think my power supply isn't supplying enough power?
i forgot how much it outputs but i imagine if it isn't outputting enough it wouldn't just limit the harddrives, surely

final bump i guess until i decide that nobody here has any idea on the cause of this issue

well how much wattage is your power supply that would be a helpful figure if we think thats what it is
also as a final resort i would just reinstall windows, then if the problem persists i would assume its the power supply or drives themselves
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 03:08:46 PM by Willco2 »

i see this happen with m.2 drives when they are being used in a long heavy process. they get hot and they down-power to adjust against it. the heat lowers and they pick up where they were 2 seconds earlier. it may not be something you can measure by looking at readings.
it only happens when under long heavy reading/writing processes. not under normal use.

it could also be ram speed or ram amount issues?
though i have seen this similar hiccup happen between memory and video card only, the bottleneck looks like this.

try running memtest

it's a bit of a shot in the dark but it can make this stuff occur, although you'd usually see the computer blue screen instead of this stuff.

i had this issue before probably a year ago or less and i agree with bis it might be power. i bought a better PSU (600W) and i don't see it happening anymore personally

but idk, what's your PSU?

well how much wattage is your power supply that would be a helpful figure if we think thats what it is
i fooooorgot what it is (sorry!!!), but i believe it's at like around 700W or so, i think i wanted to get a high wattage for when i upgrade parts in the future
it could also be ram speed or ram amount issues?
in task manager when i'm monitoring disk usage it also shows memory, and it's never peaking

this issue's returned after not having it for half a month. no loving clue why. i haven't changed stuff whatsoever

did you check the temperature as bisjac half suggested?

did you check the temperature as bisjac half suggested?
yeah i've monitored it before and it's never gone high whatsoever
neither do i notice the freezing happening when it reaches a specific temperature, it seems to be completely independent from temperature

I think honestly the best idea i have right now is that i have a stuffty/faulty motherboard which is loving up at transferring data. honestly i really don't want to forgetin buy another one and switch it out again and so i really want to exhaust all other options before getting a forgetin expensive-ass motherboard
and again this is only an idea, i can't prove that it's actually the reason why this is happening

try running memtest

it's a bit of a shot in the dark but it can make this stuff occur, although you'd usually see the computer blue screen instead of this stuff.

looks like your mobos sata controller bugging out- causing windows to wait when it's not sending anything- a 0ms response time is not normal for spinning disks

looks like your mobos sata controller bugging out- causing windows to wait when it's not sending anything- a 0ms response time is not normal for spinning disks
not too sure about this- ask somebody whos been working on the kernel/has a lot of experience with windows/is a total nerd (ono-sendai comes to mind)