kimon/poliwhirl is back as karl marx

Author Topic: kimon/poliwhirl is back as karl marx  (Read 23478 times)

...you're clearly overthinking this. you've said it yourself, "noedit: red is a loving obvious contradiction".
But what he said wasn't an obvious contradiction, and his correction was made in a way that made it seem as though he still had an adequate argument when he didn't.

It's dishonest because the new statement is still stated as a response
uhm it's not a response it's a rebuttal!!

noedit:
Yes, just like you can't privately own a forums account, you can't privately own a computer, nothing is owned. I said:

Can't have personal property if you're a communist. It's only fair that it be appropriated for the good of the state.
Then you said:

sure
i dont think that's how it works

This is how Communism works, nothing is owned privately, everything is owned by the state, and is divvied out equally among all the citizens. My statement still rebuts your point by saying this IS how Communism works. Anything that is privately owned is requisitioned by the state. Such as a forum account, or a potato.

Yes, just like you can't privately own a forums account, you can't privately own a computer, nothing is owned. I said:
And I already made the distinction between private property and personal property. You can't privately own a computer under communism, for example, because a computer isn't private property, it's personal property. Private property represents a social relationship between the owner and persons deprived, such as a factory.

Then you said:
And what I said is correct - you CAN have personal property under communism, as is clearly loving stated on that Wikipedia page explaining Marxist theory.

This is how Communism works, nothing is owned privately, everything is owned by the state, and is divvied out equally among all the citizens. My statement still rebuts your point by saying this IS how Communism works. Anything that is privately owned is requisitioned by the state. Such as a forum account, or a potato.
Like I said, there's a difference between private and personal ownership, and I was arguing that personal ownership was possible under communism, not private ownership, and it absolutely is. I was never arguing that private ownership is allowed to exist under communism.

Again, read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_property#Personal_versus_private_property

uhm it's not a response it's a rebuttal!!
My noedit was something that I thought made my argument clearer. His noedit was something that contradicted what he originally said - he said personal property didn't exist under communism, I said "thats not how it works", and then he started talking about how "nothing can be owned PRIVATELY" which is an entirely different topic.

My noedit was something that I thought made my argument clearer. His noedit was something that contradicted what he originally said - he said personal property didn't exist under communism, I said "thats not how it works", and then he started talking about how "nothing can be owned PRIVATELY" which is an entirely different topic.
Okay, I read it. And under Capitalism, which is largely what everyone on this forum lives under. Personal and Private property are treated as the same thing. But under Communist philosophy they are separate, you are starting an argument over the definition of a simple word. The fact that Poliwhirl was banned because of his private (because he paid physical money for it) ownership of an account was the whole point of the joke.

Okay, I read it. And under Capitalism, which is largely what everyone on this forum lives under. Personal and Private property are treated as the same thing. But under Communist philosophy they are separate, you are starting an argument over the definition of a simple word. The fact that Poliwhirl was banned because of his private (because he paid physical money for it) ownership of an account was the whole point of the joke.
Sure, I mainly pointed it out because "you cant even own a toothbrush under communism" is a dumb and untrue joke that a lot of people make and I wanted to make the distinction between personal and private property after you said that

ok why are people even arguing about communism you'd think we'd come to a conclusion after 100 years of failure

ok why are people even arguing about communism you'd think we'd come to a conclusion after 100 years of failure

hey guys whats this argument about

The one that should grow up into a man.
Crack open a cold one with
T H E  M E N