Jodie Whittaker chosen as the first female doctor in Doctor Who tv series

Author Topic: Jodie Whittaker chosen as the first female doctor in Doctor Who tv series  (Read 3661 times)

i dont watch doctor who at all but thats pretty cool i guess

I thought Doctor Who could come back like five or six times? Surely we've had more Doctors than that.

here comes tony and his gang of "im not loveist but female protagonists ruin movies"

here comes tony and his gang of "im not loveist but female protagonists ruin movies"

Anyway, I don't watch Doctor Who so I don't really care. Last time I saw it, kind of sucked. I mean, more than it usually does, but you know what I mean. But if she's a fun and interesting Doctor to the fans who gives a stuff.

nothing wrong with a female lead as much as people have whined about it because ???

the real issue is if the show writers and producers are any good and don't forget it up, and last I heard its been very lacklustre

HA!
Doctor Who was ruined long before this.

I thought Doctor Who could come back like five or six times? Surely we've had more Doctors than that.
well theres technically supposed to be 13 doctors but various things in the plotline made it so that this is actually the 15th doctor (or so we're being told)

i'd be thrilled about a female lead but i feel like theyve sort of been forcing the inclusiveness of the show recently. idk but either way i'm happy with the actress they chose, she's done great in broadchurch
funnily enough her face reminds me of the unit lady from the recent few seasons
HA!
Doctor Who was ruined long before this.
wtf yo capaldi didnt start off great but he definitely got better

nothing wrong with a female lead as much as people have whined about it because ???

the real issue is if the show writers and producers are any good and don't forget it up, and last I heard its been very lacklustre

I havent seen any complaints about it because I don't... really pay attention to this, but I can imagine there's two kinds of people:
1. Genuinely loveist people who dislike the idea of a female lead and
2. People who think the writers are going to shoehorn in a female lead with no personality to appeal to a certain demographic without actually fleshing her out as a character, a la Marvel Comics

tony is actually part of the first category if you've seen his "its womens fault rick and morty is delayed"

i also agree that people should screen talented actors/actresses before shoehorning them into a movie. in fact, that's what every major movie producer does nowadays. it's not like they say "yo we need girlies to act no experience necessary" because obviously that's going to forget up their box office sellings

in the case of ghostbusters 2 or whatever, the actresses were actually somewhat talented but the writer forgeted up
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 07:55:23 PM by PhantOS »

I havent seen any complaints about it because I don't... really pay attention to this, but I can imagine there's two kinds of people:
1. Genuinely loveist people who dislike the idea of a female lead and
2. People who think the writers are going to shoehorn in a female lead with no personality to appeal to a certain demographic without actually fleshing her out as a character, a la Marvel Comics

ive seen comments on the situation through twitter drama and yeah that pretty much nails it. if the writers do forget up their job it'll prove the points of no.2 and I guess the pitchforks can justifiably be raised, im mostly confused by the first mindset akin to primary school "no gurls allowed". its so odd to me

doctor who
more like

doctor poo

ive seen comments on the situation through twitter drama and yeah that pretty much nails it. if the writers do forget up their job it'll prove the points of no.2 and I guess the pitchforks can justifiably be raised, im mostly confused by the first mindset akin to primary school "no gurls allowed". its so odd to me
the more i think about it the more i want to see the xmas special right now

tony is actually part of the first category if you've seen his "its womens fault rick and morty is delayed"

i also agree that people should screen talented actors/actresses before shoehorning them into a movie. in fact, that's what every major movie producer does nowadays. it's not like they say "yo we need girlies to act no experience necessary" because obviously that's going to forget up their box office sellings

in the case of ghostbusters 2 or whatever, the actresses were actually somewhat talented but the writer forgeted up

They forced women writers onto the Rick n Morty team so he... isn't wrong. They had some unplanned mix up in the team so, while I wouldn't say WOMEN are at fault, women are... kind of at fault, you know? But like I said before, I don't give a stuff, as long as they don't suck. Forcing stuffty women into roles of power just bc they're women only puts forward the false reality that women suck at doing certain things, when it reality the sucky women are just being placed into - you get the point.

Well unfortunately there's always gonna be loveists. And I mean actual loveists, not like, what third wave feminists think loveists are.

big hooplah over nothing if you ask me

it's like they're asking for actual misogynists to hate on it by giving it such massive press coverage

who cares? if she's good, she's good