Jodie Whittaker chosen as the first female doctor in Doctor Who tv series

Author Topic: Jodie Whittaker chosen as the first female doctor in Doctor Who tv series  (Read 3644 times)

big hooplah over nothing if you ask me

it's like they're asking for actual misogynists to hate on it by giving it such massive press coverage

who cares? if she's good, she's good

Probably this too to be honest, they know actual misogynists are dipstuffs enough to actually take the bait, and there's also internet trolls who will just pop off for the sake of controversy.

I'm actually writing a story right now. If you've seen my big-ass death sword on the Drawings Megathread that's what I'm talking about.

I've found that I have a habit of writing female characters, even though I'm a guy. The main character is female, in addition to a lot of the protagonist's partners and allies, and a lot of the enemies are male. You know me: you know I didn't write those characters as such because of internalized this or that I think women are good and men are evil. That's just how it turned out. As I develop more characters, in fact, I've seen that balance shift to a more mixed cast on both sides.

That's how you should write characters: what feels right. If that's what they were thinking when they did this, then I've got nothing to complain about (unless it sucks).

Yeah I know what you mean. When I write a female character it's cause I want to, not because I'm trying to appeal to anyone. I think the fans will be able to tell if it's unnatural and forced or if the writers decided that's just how they wanted to do it. Either way I'm all for a female Doctor as long as it isn't stuff, as I've said.

Doesn't seem controversial to me. I look forward to see how this character turns out.

wtf yo capaldi didnt start off great but he definitely got better
Capaldi? No, Everything after David Tennant left was stuff.

christopher eccleston or nothing kid

wtf forget you dude matt smith is a babe

matt and peter were amazing doctors

Steven Moffat completely ruined Doctor Who anyway

Steven Moffat completely ruined Doctor Who anyway
w  t  f

this is gonna be awkward for the doctor's past love interests :cookieMonster:

here's a ratings graph

Sleep No More (Season 9, Episode 9) has the lowest ratings

Isn't Doctor Who supposed to be some kind of reptilian shape-shifting alien? What difference does it make whether he looks male or female if he's not even human?