Author Topic: ogg files delete it self when i load them  (Read 2541 times)

I need some help, i make my own ogg files for music, has _ for spaces, under 1 mb, and placed into addons > music folder in the steam folders,
But when i go into custom, select them, and load the game, they delete. Why? (Sorry ive never been on the forum, idk where this should go)

blockland will delete all stereo .ogg files during server startup.
make sure your .ogg files are mono.

for future reference, this thread belongs in the help section, not gd.

You can convert the ogg files to mono if you use audacity

make sure your .ogg files are mono.
Also if your file is too large it wont load either.

It has to be 30 sec. in mono. in ogg vorbis.

rip my Japan Break Industries loop
best loop I'd ever made
It has to be 30 sec.
pretty sure this is a myth and it's a file size thing, the 30 seconds came about from a guideline IIRC
I haven't worked with music loops much though, so I could be wrong...

It has to be 30 sec. in mono. in ogg vorbis.

It can be more than 30 seconds. It depends on a good amount of factors but yea people should keep it under 30 seconds to be safe.

the limit can stretch to 1m30s with an average 44.1khz mono sound file

I personally have one that's 4:17.

It's 22 kHz, 24 kb/s.
And oddly enough, it doesn't sound that bad.

Edit: Hell, most of what makes it sound bad in the first place is that it's mono.

Ive made some that are pretty long and i know for certain that the only limit is the filesize, which is 1mb.

Ive made some that are pretty long and i know for certain that the only limit is the filesize, which is 1mb.
ALSO, file names need to have underscores rather than spaces, they cannot have parentheses (there might be more restricted symbols), and they cannot start with a number

it can start with a number

it can start with a number
i recall making a sound file start with a number (which was for a friend) and he told me that it did not show up in-game
this fixed when he replaced the number with the word of it

ALSO, file names need to have underscores rather than spaces, they cannot have parentheses (there might be more restricted symbols), and they cannot start with a number
I really think this is the stupidest system made because the game can easily strip it down with a single function if needed

i recall making a sound file start with a number (which was for a friend) and he told me that it did not show up in-game
this fixed when he replaced the number with the word of it
If I remember even if you set the objects by numbers it's considered mistaken by an object with that ID, maybe if you did something like nameToID("30204").blah(); it might work but I have no idea if that would work
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:20:28 PM by Kyuande »

These are files in my music folder that work. From the picture, they start with numbers.