Server hosting services?

Author Topic: Server hosting services?  (Read 1870 times)

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but are there any good Blockland hosting service recommendations? I only know of Glass but am sure there's more.

glass is the best you'll get ever since pecon stopped blocknet

glass is the best you'll get ever since pecon stopped blocknet
Holy hell, though--hosting a website is cheaper than Glass Hosting. It doesn't break the bank but if that's it I guess it's best.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:19:29 PM by Tekari »

Holy hell, though--hosting a website is cheaper than Glass Hosting. It doesn't break the bank but if that's it I guess it's best.

Websites are a lot easier to host than Blockland servers (unless you have insane website traffic and need a special setup)

This shouldn't be a surprise.

theres a small time one run by DragonoidSlayer, dunno if he got any spots open left though

one thing i suggest is to not buy a server until you are ready to host/really need it to be dedicated to continue working on it.

I would just save up and get a linux vps if you can easily run a server on a linux - unless you cannot do it then Glass Hosting is for you since it has some features you can utilize

Honestly I'm capable of setting up a Linux VPS and have used one in the past but Glass Hosting's panel/restarting the server from my phone and in-game console are worth the $7/m.

theres a small time one run by DragonoidSlayer, dunno if he got any spots open left though

one thing i suggest is to not buy a server until you are ready to host/really need it to be dedicated to continue working on it.
Actually, I only ask because I have a small community of 20 players that are regulars on two servers I own. I dedi host them from my computer, and with a top speed of 6mb/s, I can't host both at the same time. I can't even have more than 12 players on one at a time.

They suggested buying a hosting service and offer donations to do so, so this is definitely something to look into!

So it's $14 for two servers with Glass, yeah?

yes, its cheaper to do that