Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington commits Self Delete aged 41

Author Topic: Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington commits Self Delete aged 41  (Read 5384 times)

With people calling him a sell-out to pop music, I guess that got to him. Since the latest album for the band is a betrayal for long-time listeners, it's going to be a challenge for Linkin Park to redeem themselves.

The dude killed himself. Jesus christ.
memes run through my veins, im a physical manifestation of the cancer on the internet

my sincerest apologies

The problem with your brown townysis is that people can take music very personally, and the artists that they listen to can mean a lot to them. Is it WRONG to share why you enjoyed their music and the memories you've had listening to them? I still listen to about 70-80% of all the music I've gotten into over my lifetime, music ranging from old to new. Music is something a lot of people consume on a daily basis, so it's entirely fair to have remorse for something that you enjoy being gone.
No one besides yourself shared anything remotely close to why they enjoyed their music. I also said it's fine to feel remorse for it, but it's evident that people often express their remorse only to garner attention from others so they exaggerate how much something meant to them (see anyone bragging about listening to music that isn't currently trending). I obviously didn't mean that happens 100% of the time, but it certainly happens often. By all means if you want to talk about how much Chester Bennington meant to you, go right ahead. I don't see why someone would have an emotional connection to someone they don't know personally; to me it's different from enjoying or having a connection to the music they produce. Will you miss the music or Chester, who you've probably never met? If you never listened to or liked his music, would you care more or less about his passing?

i dunno it's actually pretty saddening when a sincerely good person in society dies
not to judge bennington because i don't know anything about him but

i dunno it's actually pretty saddening when a sincerely good person in society dies
Of course it's sad when someone dies, but for people to act like they know a famous person or somehow feel emotionally connected to them just boggles my mind, and people that capitalize on their death to make themselves look better disgusts me. If someone knew Chester personally, I'd understand if they mourned his death, but why would someone who doesn't know him feel remorse for him beyond just basic empathy for other humans? To me, that's like being attached to Hollywood celebrities and talking about them as if you know them personally when all you know is what you read on the internet about them or watch movies they're in.
not to judge bennington because i don't know anything about him but
If you don't know anything about him, why do you assume he was a sincerely good person? Not saying he was a bad person or wasn't a good person, but the point I'm making is people assume these things without actually knowing and become emotionally attached to someone they know nothing about and I just don't understand it.

Is it wrong to have respect for an artist? As someone who's basically made it their life to be into the music industry and music itself, you don't have to know a person to feel grievance for their loss. To me, artists have profound effects on me in terms of inspiration and as an idol to look up to. They shape they way you want to be and they can give you goals to strive for. No one works in a vacuum. All human creations are based on prior knowledge. If you've never had emotional connections to music, then I can understand why you simply don't understand why it's sad to see someone you look up to pass away.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 11:15:30 PM by ShadowsfeaR »

Is it wrong to have respect for an artist? As someone who's basically made it their life to be into the music industry and music itself, you don't have to know a person to feel grievance for their loss. To me, artists have profound effects on me in terms of inspiration and as an idol to look up to. They shape they way you want to be and they can give you goals to strive for. No one works in a vacuum. All human creations are based on prior knowledge. If you've never had emotional connections to music, then I can understand why you simply don't understand why it's sad to see someone you look up to pass away.
I never implied that respecting an artist was "wrong," if you have a background in music beyond just listening to it, then you relate more to him which makes more sense as to why you mourn his death. Having a role-model is fine, because that means you admire or respect who they were as a person and their skill rather than judging who they were based on whether or not you like their music. I just believe that people tend to mourn the loss of his music more than the person himself but don't want to admit it because it comes off as inhumane, so they exaggerate their emotional connection when there was none in the first place so they look good.

Of course it's sad when someone dies, but for people to act like they know a famous person or somehow feel emotionally connected to them just boggles my mind, and people that capitalize on their death to make themselves look better disgusts me. If someone knew Chester personally, I'd understand if they mourned his death, but why would someone who doesn't know him feel remorse for him beyond just basic empathy for other humans? To me, that's like being attached to Hollywood celebrities and talking about them as if you know them personally when all you know is what you read on the internet about them or watch movies they're in.If you don't know anything about him, why do you assume he was a sincerely good person? Not saying he was a bad person or wasn't a good person, but the point I'm making is people assume these things without actually knowing and become emotionally attached to someone they know nothing about and I just don't understand it.
whoops forget i misphrased myself, i wasn't assuming anything about him

he and chris cornell were both killed for speaking about pizzagate

all i can say is let's hope nickelback is next

Of course it's sad when someone dies, but for people to act like they know a famous person or somehow feel emotionally connected to them just boggles my mind, and people that capitalize on their death to make themselves look better disgusts me.
uhh you know that looking up to a musical artist because people can relate to what they put out is a common thing right?

but why would someone who doesn't know him feel remorse for him beyond just basic empathy for other humans? To me, that's like being attached to Hollywood celebrities and talking about them as if you know them personally when all you know is what you read on the internet about them or watch movies they're in.

I think you have a lack of empathy and you're under the impression that it's the baseline for typical behavior.

I have a confession, I played In The End 300 times in one night during my freshmen year of High school

I have a confession, I played In The End 300 times in one night during my freshmen year of High school

It's not Linkin Park but many a year ago I had over 1000 replays on Where is the Love? on my laptop alone.

wasn't there a 4chan story about this