Author Topic: I can't set my image: Generic Error  (Read 1624 times)

If it's not one thing it's the other. :I Okay so I feel like its been three years and I need to change my image. But, I heard that it has to be around 75x75 pixels, so I set an image pixel size to 75x75 and I get the Generic Error. Then I tried 70x70 and the same result occurred. I tried using it on Microsoft Edge and I get... the same error. What am I doing wrong?

Oh I forgot to show the image. This is the unedited image. Do I need to use Imgur?

That is not 75x75. That is 526x560. Use something like paint.net to rescale.

That is not 75x75. That is 526x560. Use something like paint.net to rescale.
That is the unedited version. here is the edited version that's 75x75. It's a gif but I don't think gifs load.

Try 74x74, sometimes it works like that

Okay so I tried that and it still gives me the Generic Error when I try to change my profile after uploading the image. I am so confused.

Can you describe the error?

Okay so basically, I just put in the image into the upload box and then I press Change Profile and it brings me to the Generic Error page and it doesn't work no matter how hard I try.

Same here, just trying to change an old pic. I read somewhere that the file size needs to be under ~50kb? No idea if that's correct or not. I am trying to upload a gif that is 75x75 pixels and 25.4kb :P

Attached is the error page.....lol.

Well I got my gif to work :P it needs to be optimized. My new image is still 75x75 pixels, and now 9.85kb, and instead of 16 frames it's now 8 frames, and 128 color bits (gets reduced a lil further after optimization) instead of 256. I used this website to do it: http://gifgifs.com/optimizer/. Maybe it can help you as well.